HP 15c CE - New firmware update officially available!
07-30-2024, 01:14 AM
RE: HP 15c CE - New firmware update officially available!
(07-29-2024 10:49 PM)ijabbott Wrote:  
(07-27-2024 11:04 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  I've never tried any Linux version of SAM-BA, so this may not apply at all, however the older Windows version of SAM-BA was intended for use with Serial cables (as was used for HP-20/30/WP-34S) and is totally incompatible with the new USB cable. Possibly, the same is true with the version you're using, I just don't know, though I too would probably assume Windows 3.18 was functionally compatible with the Linux 3.18 version.

The 3.x versions won't work at all, I think, not even on Windows, because they don't support the SAM4L. But I was trying to get the Linux version of SAM-BA 2.18 to work. It's quite old, and I was trying to get it to work on an up-to-date Linux distro, so that probably has something to do with it. It might work better on a few years old distro.

I'm sorry, that was my typo mistake (twice!), I meant to type 2.18, trying to say I too would assume the Windows 2.18 would be compatible with the Linux 2.18 version. Sorry if that wasted any of your time...

--Bob Prosperi
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP 15c CE - New firmware update officially available! - rprosperi - 07-30-2024 01:14 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 18 Guest(s)