The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 795 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (FreeBSD)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 795 errorHandler->error

How HP48 ASCII headers are supposed to work
09-06-2024, 07:00 PM
How HP48 ASCII headers are supposed to work
I'm kinda of a noob trying to understand some UserRPL bugs in order to fix them.

The bug in question happens in a program that stores equations as strings to later retrieve them.

The header used in the original program is :
Code:
%%HP: T(3)A(R)F(.);

The bug happens when evaluating an equation with arguments in a calculator set with
Code:
F(,)

Consider this program:

Code:

%%HP: T(3)A(R)F(.);
\<<
'\.S(-1, 1, x, x)'
\>>

If I transfer it to the calculator, I get a STR\-> Error because the argument separator doesn't match the expected ";".

However, if I manually type the program in the calculator and leave it in the stack, the argument separator correctly changes when the fraction mark changes (FLG 51):

As I understand, the calculator correctly changes the argument separator for program object types but not for strings, which is how programs are transferred to the calculator.

So what I want to know is: isn't that the whole point of the header ? Shouldn't it tell the calculator how to parse the incoming program in string form ? Otherwise, what's the point of it ?

Sorry for the long post and thank you in advance to anyone who can shed a light on this.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
How HP48 ASCII headers are supposed to work - vcolella - 09-06-2024 07:00 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)