[WP-34S] Troubleshoot internal USB Board
01-22-2021, 12:44 AM (This post was last modified: 01-22-2021 12:47 AM by John Galt.)
RE: [WP-34S] Troubleshoot internal USB Board
From my notes, the message "Error, Unable to connect" will occur if the calculator is not on, or if there is no response whatsoever from the calculator.

If the computer's USB interface is not working or if the Windows 10 "Com port" was not properly configured, the message would be "Error, could not connect to calculator" with those exact words and capitalization.

Your description leads me to believe the fault lies beyond your computer and is within the calculator itself. It is as though the calculator is not "on" because no response is being received. Perhaps for example the connections to Harald's board are not intact or are not going to the correct solder pads.

Here are some additional notes I archived long ago from this forum, with a calculator that may have become unresponsive for whatever reason:

1. Turn on the calculator (do not worry if it is unresponsive due to earlier flashing failures). Pressing ON ensures it's really "on".
2. Plug in in the programming cable into the calculator and plug the USB end into the computer
3. Set up MySamba to prepare to do the download (do not press [Send File])
4. Press and hold the calculator's [On] key. Do not release it.
5. Press and hold the programing cable's ERASE button
6. Press the RESET button inside the back cover of the calculator with a paper clip
7. Release the ERASE button
8. Release the calculator [On] button
9. Turn the calculator on (should not get any response)
10. Press the MySamba [Send File] button to send the flash image. After a few seconds you should see the transmit progress.
11. Disconnect the cable on both ends and exit MySamba
12. Press the reset button with a paper clip again
13. Press the calculator [On] button. It should come alive with the new flash image.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [WP-34S] Troubleshoot internal USB Board - John Galt - 01-22-2021 12:44 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)