HP-15C Enter key issue (s/n: 2241A)
07-16-2014, 10:28 PM (This post was last modified: 07-16-2014 10:30 PM by jebem.)
RE: HP-15C Enter key issue (s/n: 2241A)
(07-16-2014 09:57 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  Yes, Walter and also Ray captured this exactly. On most Voyagers, Enter is 'harder' to press, others less, but on every one I've ever used the Enter key feels different from all the other keys, no doubt due to the dome nature described by Ray.
(...)
Which is to say, your 15C sounds 'normal'. Did you get both manuals that came with the original? The "Advance Functions Handbook" has lots of interesting applications and math/numerical analysys background which apply to many/most HP machines; you will frequently see examples from this book cited in testing of various other machines. I'm sure there is a copy in the MoHPC DVD.

Have fun with the new toy!

Thanks for the infos, Bob!

Unfortunately I got no documentation with it. I just managed to get this one on TAS Deutschland after so many bidding on other more comprehensive items.
I have my limits concerning bidding (I call it WAF - wife acceptance factor, an expression that I first heard in the "audiophile" people) Smile

Seriously, I have ordered the full DVD set from this MoHPC almost 1 month ago, it was shipped on 3 of July, and now I'm going for a two weeks holidays, so I hope the package doesn't arrive while I'm out and then returned back... I am living in a country where the Post Offices takes ages to deliver anything, specially when it comes from outside Europe.

(07-16-2014 09:14 PM)Raymond Del Tondo Wrote:  That's rather normal on Voyagers, since you press on _two_ metal domes when hitting the ENTER key, instead of one dome for any other key. Almost _all_ real Voyager calcs I have seen (several hundred units) have an ENTER key which is somewhat different to press (more force, mushy) than all the other keys. I have two or three Voyagers where the ENTER key can be pressed with less force than usual. The ENTER key (or one of the domes) on those units is just worn out;-)

Thank you Raymond!
Good to have such fast and informative feedback.

I'm (re)discovering these machines now.
I owned and used the initial models in the seventies at school (HP-67, HP-25C), but when I started my professional life in IT (DataSaab D15 and D16, and after that Wang 2200 and VS systems) I stopped looking to calculators.
So let's say that I spent about 30 years away, and now I'm back!

Jose Mesquita
RadioMuseum.org member

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP-15C Enter key issue (s/n: 2241A) - jebem - 07-16-2014 10:28 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)