Re-calibrating Prime's Battery?
12-11-2019, 07:24 PM
RE: Re-calibrating Prime's Battery?
Cyrille,
You're talking about PF1550... I looked closer at the data sheet, and, indeed, SOC monitor is not there, let alone the more simplistic readout system. Weird.
Well, it is what it is. Smile
As for the accurate battery measurement: indeed, a calculator is not a battery powered medical device, for which the physician has to know exactly how much juice is left in the battery, because if the device suddenly died on him in the operating room, the patient safety would be compromised. But let's have look at the problem from broader perspective.
Calculators, like every other devices, evolve. They get more complex, and this complexity allows for using them for tasks which were unimaginable 20 years ago. Prime, for instance, allows for data collection and wireless communication. (On the very rudimentary level, and mostly for educational purpose, but it may change in the future.) This may (and will) trigger modus operandi which is unconventional from the today's usage standpoint. I already used Prime for tests lasting more than 12 hours during which the calculator was running full speed all the time. Not being sure what to expect, I kept it plugged to the charger most of the time, which was inconvenient.
Have a look at the phones and the cameras. Most of them have very accurate battery measurement systems; at least those from the top shelf, but Prime is considered to be a forerunner in the calculator's world. More on, the battery readout for phones and cameras is always available.
From this standpoint, I believe it would be nice to have a more accurate SOC readout system in Prime. Or at least a built-in function returning battery voltage. (My subjective opinion.)
But this opinion also applies to other Prime features which, as I see it, could be designed differently. And, as I said before, it is what it is. Smile
Disclaimer: Don't get me wrong: I like this product.
Darius
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Re-calibrating Prime's Battery? - DrDarius - 12-11-2019 07:24 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)