What would you like to see in a future HP Prime II? (HP Prime², HP Prime 2X)
04-06-2020, 04:58 PM (This post was last modified: 04-06-2020 05:09 PM by Solver.)
RE: What would you like to see in a future HP Prime II?
(04-06-2020 02:42 PM)Dands Wrote:  IF HP was to release a totally new model, what would you like to see?

I'd love to see a completely redesigned system, new keyboard layout, better connectivity, bigger screen and new apps.

Let's discuss and maybe give them some ideas!

Quick disclaimer: I'm not an expert at all. Just a computer enthusiast.

Actually, I really like the screen size and the keys layout. Not sure what I would do to improve the keys anyway since HP has the uneviable task of cramming sooo many functions onto a limited number of buttons. Considering that, I think they did an absolute stand-out job.

That said, while I like the screen size, upping the screen resolution somewhat would give a really nice smooth looking image. But if this is done, then that means we'll need more CPU power and a bigger battery to match just to get the same amount of battery life and performance, so on that I'm kind of torn. I suppose if I had to decide, I'd just leave the screen resolution where it is.

There is one thing I will want above all else though for sure, and that is much more descriptive errors. This is my one large pet peeve with the HP Prime in general. Much of the time, you have no idea what you did wrong because the calculator simply just won't tell you or even let you know where the problem started in the equation. I mean, I can work around it for sure, but it's just frustrating.

Besides that, not sure if I just missed it, but more CAS support for doing operations on angles would be nice. Also, graphing can sometimes not be all that intuitive. Specifically, when tracing along a line and reaching a point of interest, the cursor won't just snap to that point at all, which is a little frustrating. I think there's a few other issues with graphing, but then again, I just may not know how to work with it properly.

Ohhhh, and support for working with chemical equations would be amazing. I think this is the only STEM field where the HP Prime really can't do anything with. Or at least out of the box. So yes, native support for that would be great. And finally, support for much more languages. The HPPPL is very nice considering, but opening up the Prime to new languages would allow much much easier porting of existing programs to the calculator. These two new features would turn the HP Prime into a device that can do serious work for every single STEM field. And if that isn't a new and huge selling point right there, I don't know what is. The HP Prime can already do so damn much as it stands.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: What would you like to see in a future HP Prime II? - Solver - 04-06-2020 04:58 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)