What would you like to see in a future HP Prime II? (HP Prime², HP Prime 2X)
04-07-2020, 03:28 PM
RE: What would you like to see in a future HP Prime II?
(04-06-2020 11:20 PM)StephenG1CMZ Wrote:  For the real calculator:

But alternatively, an emulated Prime calculator running on a Raspberry Pi - immediately giving full Python, C, Mathematica and other languages...

Probably not practical as both Mathematica and the Prime operating system are proprietary and I can't imagine the respective companies agreeing to combining the two systems. Also Mathematica programming is completely different in style than PPL, whereas Python is similar enough and already partly implemented in the CAS.

It has been mentioned previously that the Prime does not have enough built-in flash to hold "full" Python, which would presumably include NumPy, SciPy, and SymPy. I think that the best we could hope for is for existing Prime functions to be merged into Python, possibly as a custom package.

I have said many times before Big Grin that I would vastly prefer a modernized RPL to PPL but Python has seemingly taken over the world, and doubly so in education and scientific programming. I wish that the Prime had been based on Python from the beginning, but I hope it will continue to move in that direction.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: What would you like to see in a future HP Prime II? - John Keith - 04-07-2020 03:28 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)