What would you like to see in a future HP Prime II? (HP Prime², HP Prime 2X)
04-26-2020, 07:27 PM
RE: What would you like to see in a future HP Prime II? (HP Prime², HP Prime 2X)
(04-26-2020 05:48 PM)John Keith Wrote:  
(04-26-2020 10:08 AM)BruceH Wrote:  Last time I spoke to Michael from SwissMicros he said that a 48SX was possible within the RAM/ROM constraints of the ARMs available. The main problem is that the 48SX ROM has not been released for commercial use - only non-commercial - so Emu48 can't be ported.

I personally consider the 48SX to be the nicest looking of the RPL series but too limited in power. I would prefer New RPL running on modern hardware as in my post above, provided that Claudio could reach a software agreement as Thomas did with the DM42.

There seems to be little interest in such things at the moment though.

I went to check the newRPL SourceForge page to see what the source license was and instead got distracted by a commit from 3 days ago entitled "First demo for Prime G1". It's very, very early days - essentially a proof of concept for the flash loading/reprogramming but encouraging that something is happening as a Prime running newRPL would be very nice indeed.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: What would you like to see in a future HP Prime II? (HP Prime², HP Prime 2X) - BruceH - 04-26-2020 07:27 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)