What would you like to see in a future HP Prime II? (HP Prime², HP Prime 2X)
07-11-2020, 02:47 PM
RE: What would you like to see in a future HP Prime II? (HP Prime², HP Prime 2X)
(07-11-2020 02:38 PM)mfleming Wrote:  
(07-11-2020 04:42 AM)NetMage Wrote:  I don’t think languages like micro Python or Python are very good choices for a handheld programming environment which has a small keyboard. Maybe APL but not many would use it ?

Agreed, regular programming languages are quite fat while APL is terse, expressive, and able to handle large datasets. But you could probably count the number of potential users on one hand Wink

+1 -- which is why I really don't understand the whole "python on a calculator" thing, be it HP, TI or any other manufacturer. Even HP-PPL on the Prime is pushing it IMO. Keystroke programming and RPL are about the best adapted to calculators, which is but one of many reasons why machines such as the HP-41C and HP-42S (and HP 35s, although I don't care for that one very much) are so sought after today, 30 or 40 years after their release.

There are only 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: What would you like to see in a future HP Prime II? (HP Prime², HP Prime 2X) - grsbanks - 07-11-2020 02:47 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)