What would you like to see in a future HP Prime II? (HP Prime², HP Prime 2X)
12-24-2023, 06:18 AM
RE: What would you like to see in a future HP Prime II? (HP Prime², HP Prime 2X)
(04-06-2020 02:42 PM)Dands Wrote:  IF HP was to release a totally new model, what would you like to see?

I'd love to see a completely redesigned system, new keyboard layout, better connectivity, bigger and better screen, new apps and most importantly: better phasor notation (polar) capabilities for power engineers.

Let's discuss and maybe give them some ideas!

Math, math, and more math. Abramowicz and Stegun, all of it. An incisive approach to complex functions. Sophisticated linear algebra. Sophisticated algebra period. Lie groups. Application specific software like celestial mechanics. I could go on for a long time. I just now had to wrestle with the gamma function of a complex argument. That's just lame.

A Prime for engineers and scientists.

Fun thread, have only read some of it but that's what I have always wanted.

Anyway there is no excuse for not having on hand a vast repository of all sorts of things, from simple formulas to asymptotic expansions. All that can be in firmware.

-drl
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: What would you like to see in a future HP Prime II? (HP Prime², HP Prime 2X) - deSitter - 12-24-2023 06:18 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)