HP-15C Enter key issue (s/n: 2241A)
07-16-2014, 09:57 PM (This post was last modified: 07-16-2014 10:01 PM by rprosperi.)
RE: HP-15C Enter key issue (s/n: 2241A)
(07-16-2014 09:05 PM)walter b Wrote:  As mentioned, ENTER on Voyagers feels special. The tactile response of ENTER differs definitivly from the one of the other keys.

Yes, Walter and also Ray captured this exactly. On most Voyagers, Enter is 'harder' to press, others less, but on every one I've ever used the Enter key feels different from all the other keys, no doubt due to the dome nature described by Ray.

I would hesitate to say I don't like the feel of Voyagers for this reason, since I've loved them forever, but this is the most distinctive and unique feature of this series. Although a minor annoyance, the other benefits of the Voyagers, IMHO, more than offset this quirk.

Which is to say, your 15C sounds 'normal'. Did you get both manuals that came with the original? The "Advance Functions Handbook" has lots of interesting applications and math/numerical analysys background which apply to many/most HP machines; you will frequently see examples from this book cited in testing of various other machines. I'm sure there is a copy in the MoHPC DVD.

Have fun with the new toy!

--Bob Prosperi
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP-15C Enter key issue (s/n: 2241A) - rprosperi - 07-16-2014 09:57 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)