Casio manual help, please
11-05-2022, 03:17 AM
RE: Casio manual help, please
(11-04-2022 11:46 PM)Matt Agajanian Wrote:  Not sure where my info and model numbers got twisted around. Thanks for the links & clarification. Seems like my eyes got twisted around and I mixed up ES Plus 2 with EX and came up with the mishmash.

So, is this the top-of-the-line non-graphic scientific model? What's the different from the C model?

Well sort of. I agree with Dave Britton in your other thread that "The top-of-the-line non-graphing model would be the fx-5800P, but if you're looking for something you can walk into a store and buy in North America, then the fx-991EX is the current flagship."

In other words you can go to almost any Target or Walmart department store in the U.S. today, pick up a fx-991EX off the display hanger, pay $20 and walk out with one. Some of the other variations of the 991 style calculator may have slightly more features, but they may not have English menus or may be difficult to get in the U.S even online.

The programmable (but non-graphing) Casio fx-5800P is available on Amazon (currently for $89) and is worth taking a look at. Being programmable, I think it is in a different class though.

But if you are considering the fx-5800P, you might also look at the Casio Fx-9750GIII. It is a graphing model with USB connectivity but you don't have to use the graphing functions. It is programmable in Casio Basic and MicroPython. You can also install KhiCAS giving it a CAS that is similar to the one in the HP Prime (same Xcas engine). They used to be available in the U.S new for around US$40 (or $30 on eBay) but have gone up to around $59 recently (or $39 renewed). For around $80 you can get the very similar color fx-CG50. I know, where does it end.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Casio manual help, please - Matt Agajanian - 11-04-2022, 07:29 PM
RE: Casio manual help, please - ijabbott - 11-05-2022, 01:22 AM
RE: Casio manual help, please - ijabbott - 11-05-2022, 10:30 AM
RE: Casio manual help, please - ijabbott - 11-06-2022, 06:31 PM
RE: Casio manual help, please - Steve Simpkin - 11-05-2022 03:17 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)