newRPL: proposal for Alpha mode
05-07-2015, 11:06 PM
RE: newRPL: proposal for Alpha mode
(05-06-2015 01:05 PM)Claudio L. Wrote:  Perhaps I need to explain the intent with keyboard configurability. Here are some key points (some are not implemented yet, and subject to change). I hope this doesn't get too technical, but basically it makes keyboard MUCH more configurable than you ever thought:

Indeed, it will be much more configurable than I ever thought, and probably than I will ever need. But that's interesting. I find the context dependence an excellent idea, since sometimes I miss this feature or the 50g.

(05-06-2015 01:05 PM)Claudio L. Wrote:  This community is averse to change, that is nothing new (the fact we are in a forum with the word "museum" in it should give a hint). But it's also relatively open to change once they can test it and get used to it. For instance most people hated the Prime at the beginning, but now you can see the same people in the Prime forums and they seem very happy with it.
So I expect some resistance to the new UI, but I think over time it will work. I use a 50g for daily work, if the new interface doesn't help me be more productive then it's not good and we'll be back at the original.
The proposed changes are merely incremental, nothing revolutionary here, picking the best features from UI's I've used in the past and trying to put it all together.
Time will tell.

You are probably right, except that I'm still reluctant to adopt the Prime, but that's another story.

Jean-Charles
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: newRPL: proposal for Alpha mode - Helix - 05-07-2015 11:06 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)