pyIPER PIL-Box command error: illegal retval
02-01-2018, 03:26 AM
pyIPER PIL-Box command error: illegal retval
I'm attempting to run pyILPER 1.6.0 on Linux Mint 18.3 and connect to my home built PIL-Box running v2.1. I followed the directions to install miniconda and pyILPER. I get this error on start: "PIL-Box command error: illegat reval" on a reconnect the error is "Cannon connect ot PIL-Box: PIL-Box command error: illegal retval".

I've tried all Baud settings. My user is in the dialout group. pyILPER seems to be seeing the serial device as the error is different if I configure the wrong one on purpose.

Try CC41!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-01-2018, 08:18 AM
RE: pyIPER PIL-Box command error: illegal retval
The error is thrown if the return value the PIL-Box sends after it got a command has not the expected value. In most cases this is a baud rate related problem which you have already checked. Is there any other serial device pyILPER is accidently connected to?
Regards
Joachim
02-03-2018, 10:35 PM
RE: pyIPER PIL-Box command error: illegal retval
I've checked my USB-serial converter for proper operation, and then modified it to provide 5 volt signals as it was set to 3.3 volts. I have also tried it on a Windows computer with the error that the PIL box is not respondingl I believe the baud rate is correct but my ancient oscilloscope failed before I could measure the actual signal!

I currently suspect a wiring mistake on my part.

Try CC41!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)