Possibility of New Application?
02-07-2018, 08:28 AM
Possibility of New Application?
Is it possible that the HP team of the Prime included in an update another application for 3D graphics but in polar coordinates? I was studying a calculation book and I found the graph that is seen in the attached image. How could this be done on the Prime?

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-07-2018, 01:00 PM
RE: Possibility of New Application?
You can implement that yourself. Create a new function, like:

Code:
EXPORT convertToPolarAndEvaluate(x,y)
BEGIN

// Convert 
LOCAL r:=sqrt(x*x+y*y);
LOCAL p:=ATAN(y/x);

// Evaluate
if(r==0) then return 1;
else
return SIN(6*r)/(6*r);
end;
END;

Then use that function for the 3d app:
[Image: zqJ8Xl9.jpg]

My website: erwin.ried.cl
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-07-2018, 06:13 PM
PIECEWISE((X^2+Y^2)<>0,SIN((6*√(X^2+Y^2)))/(6*√(X^2+Y^2)),X^2+Y^2=0,1)
02-08-2018, 06:04 AM
Great but what is the general rule for other surfaces?
02-08-2018, 06:06 AM
Now, I think that there are still some types of graphics that could be implemented in the Prime, I think that in the HP 50g are like 15 types of graphics, including contour surfaces, and parametric 3D graphics and others that I do not remember well all.
02-08-2018, 09:39 PM
(02-08-2018 06:06 AM)math7 Wrote:  Now, I think that there are still some types of graphics that could be implemented in the Prime, I think that in the HP 50g are like 15 types of graphics, including contour surfaces, and parametric 3D graphics and others that I do not remember well all.

Good idea, you can clone the 3d app and make one with these features

02-09-2018, 05:19 AM
I do not think so, my programming capacity does not allow for such a thing ... I leave it to the engineers and trained personnel that manufactured and works in HP Prime, who are the ones who are best qualified for that task !!! At the end of the day, when paying for the product, is it expected to improve it, or not? I could answer the same to you, for any request that you wanted or made then that you do it yourself, or that before waiting for the Prime to be updated, update it yourself! It would be absurd, right? They are requests to the team of HP Prime as well as others that have asked many members of the forum, or tools that are needed and that can be added when it can be done.
02-09-2018, 02:53 PM (This post was last modified: 02-09-2018 09:31 PM by Dirk.nl.)
Hi Math7,

HP has developed the Prime and offered it to us as it is. It is a complicated product but it should, I think, be bugs free.
Of course as users we want to improve, in our view, the product.
Making bugs free is of course the most important thing, supplementing extras as we indicated is a different story; it must be commercially responsible. All the invested hours must ultimately be paid with the sale of the Prime, it seems to me. So requests from us are determined by HP.

You can not just demand from HP that everything we want is done just like that?
My misconception; I thought I read this from your story (language problem) but maybe I was (sure?) wrong!!
What do others think about this?
Just a (positive) discussion.

— Dirk Hartland
02-10-2018, 01:53 PM
Math7,

That's why calculators are programmable, allowing the user, if need be, to "fill in the gaps". Also, to have fun. It is a way to customize your own calculator. I have been programming calculators for close to 26 years, I had to do a lot of learning along the way. Still am.

Programmable calculators have been around since the 1970s and are still popular. When you have a chance, look at the documentation for both the HP 41 and HP 67 and you'll see.
02-11-2018, 04:29 AM
(02-10-2018 01:53 PM)Eddie W. Shore Wrote:  Math7,

That's why calculators are programmable, allowing the user, if need be, to "fill in the gaps". Also, to have fun. It is a way to customize your own calculator. I have been programming calculators for close to 26 years, I had to do a lot of learning along the way. Still am.

Programmable calculators have been around since the 1970s and are still popular. When you have a chance, look at the documentation for both the HP 41 and HP 67 and you'll see.

Sure Eddie I know! But making another application is not within my current programming capabilities. An application such as those with the factory Prime must be programmed in another internal language, or in machine or C language, perhaps well structured. I've done some simple programs for the HP 50g and now for the Prime, but not up to what a native application would be! That's why my request could be implemented, but it's not a requirement, because HP does what they want after all, but within the improvements that others have requested here, it is one that I would have liked already that in the 50g there are more types of graphics I think in the Prime, and it is assumed that the HP Prime is a leap forward in features and technology ....
02-11-2018, 01:11 PM
(02-11-2018 04:29 AM)math7 Wrote:  An application such as those with the factory Prime must be programmed in another internal language, or in machine or C language, perhaps well structured. I've done some simple programs for the HP 50g and now for the Prime, but not up to what a native application would be!

The only 3d capability we had in the Prime was Han's app http://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-95.html and it felt like a real "internal language" app as you say.

Any user has needs math7, one way to get your idea from being developed by hp would be proposing a rudimentary first version, that is why I suggested it. Play few days creating an app, is quite easy compared to the 50g

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)