Update of HP82240B simulator to v1.09
02-20-2018, 07:40 PM
Update of HP82240B simulator to v1.09
HP82240B v1.09 is available at http://hp.giesselink.com.

Major changes:

New license! The program is now published under the GPLv2 license and so completely open source. This allows you to have access to the source code and the right to reuse the source code under the terms of the GPLv2 license.

Minor changes:

Fix restoring the main dialog window position when starting minimized.

Development history:

In 2010 I worked on Emu71/Win and in January 2011 most of the development had been done. During this time I began with the Emu71 documentation, but it was not finished and the complete documentation of Virtual HPIL and the web presentation was still missing. Have I ever told, that I hate writing documentation?

So in spring 2011 I needed some balance, so what was better than solving the Redeye frame decoding problem in Emu42 for virtual printing? So among writing the Emu71 and Virtual HPIL documentation I solved the virtual printing problems in Emu28, Emu42 and Emu48. Now I had emulators with virtual printing capabilities, but no suitable printer simulation. That's why I published Emu28 and Emu42 with printing capabilities but nowhere mentioned. The basic idea was, looking in the web for an open source HP82240B printer simulation for windows and add the UDP interface used by the emulators for printing. But at this time: desert. I found no project for hijacking, so I had to swallow the bitter pill of writing my own HP82240B printer simulation. At this time a little bit too much of balance. So first finishing the Virtual HPIL documentation followed by the presentation which was the basic for the later Emu71/Win publishing in July. In summer 2011 I mainly wrote my HP82240B printer simulation which was then published in October 2011. Because I found no open source solution at this time, I decided to publish my printer simulation as freeware, but not as open source so that other developers can use my work for their own development. With the actual v1.09 this has been corrected.

Be aware please, the font tables inside the WP34S QtPrinterEmulator sources are published under a "do what you want" license, whereas the fixed and expanded font tables inside the HP82240B simulator are published under the GPLv2 license.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)