Where to buy *NEW* HP50G ?
11-25-2022, 05:40 PM
RE: Where to buy *NEW* HP50G ?
Csaba:

Thanks for your response!

(11-25-2022 06:59 AM)Csaba Tizedes Wrote:  I'm located in Hungary, the shipping to US is high, but not depends on me.
You find it costly? Maybe. Google and compare our GDPs, average income and decide.

I honestly don't find it very costly, but I have a very frugal wife who is not an engineer, not a fangirl, geek, or nerd, and who (a) doesn't understand how someone can obsess over any given thing no matter how cool, and (b) keeps me from spending all my money on stuff I "gotta" have but don't strictly need.

So I need to take all costs, shipping and otherwise, into account, and carefully meter out my expeditures.

(11-25-2022 06:59 AM)Csaba Tizedes Wrote:  If I want to buy something like this calculator, maybe I buy it from a HPMuseum member, who since 20+ years here, take and share a video of the stuff and communicate before business.

Well, yes, that was exactly my intent in posting here.
By the way, very good advice regarding communication. One would think that it wouldn't even need to be mentioned, but I guess the thought doesn't even occur to a rare few folks.

(11-25-2022 06:59 AM)Csaba Tizedes Wrote:  It is your decision, you can buy from John Doe who never used HP and do not know what it is, or buy from someone who is an engineer, frequent HP user and he has 30+ HPs in his collection and do not want became a zillionaire on that one selling.

Either scenario is acceptable to me, as long as the calculator was well cared-for. Sometimes the best deals are to be had from the John Does, as they consider their old machines just obsolete clutter they want to get rid of. I once got a 48g+ for $20; another time a 32sII that was "broken" for $10 (it just needed a few trips between an ultrasonic cleaner and a barely warm oven to clear out spilled soda from its keyboard). Both from local sellers who didn't want to bother with TAS even though I told them they could get a LOT more for it than I could afford.

That having been said, don't get me wrong: I am not looking for a 50g for $20 (unless someone wanted to be super kind and sell it for that)!! I would, of course, expect to spend substantially more.

Daily drivers: 15c, 32sII, 35s, 41cx, 48g, WP 34s/31s. Favorite: 16c.
Latest: 15ce, 48s, 50g. Gateway drug: 28s found in yard sale ~2009.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-26-2022, 09:13 AM
Yeah: Wifes and Calculators are the proof of parallel universes which can't exists without conflict when they are manifested in same space.

Cs.
11-27-2022, 04:35 PM
(11-26-2022 09:13 AM)Csaba Tizedes Wrote:  Yeah: Wifes and Calculators are the proof of parallel universes which can't exists without conflict when they are manifested in same space.

Cs.

Rolling... On The Floor... And Down The Stairs... LMAO!

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Daily drivers: 15c, 32sII, 35s, 41cx, 48g, WP 34s/31s. Favorite: 16c.
Latest: 15ce, 48s, 50g. Gateway drug: 28s found in yard sale ~2009.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)