Non-English HP Program Forms ?
04-23-2018, 07:39 PM
Non-English HP Program Forms ?
I just received a copy of a filled HP25 program form – in Spanish ("formulario de programación HP-25C"). I think this is the first time I ever came across a program form in a language other than English. For instance over here I think I never saw an HP67/97 form in German, all you got was the English version. So I would like to ask which of these forms were available in which languages.

Dieter
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-23-2018, 08:10 PM (This post was last modified: 04-23-2018 08:42 PM by SlideRule.)
RE: Non-English HP Program Forms ?
Like this?
[attachment=5850] [attachment=5851]
BEST!
SlideRule

ps: the MoHPC has program form(s) in varying languages, such as HP-25-French, German etc.
04-23-2018, 08:46 PM
(04-23-2018 08:10 PM)SlideRule Wrote:  Like this?

Yes.

(04-23-2018 08:10 PM)SlideRule Wrote:  ps: the MoHPC has program form(s) in varying languages, such as HP-25-French, German etc.

I'd be interested in the "etc." part. ;-) Especially if this also applies to other calculators than the HP-25. I also wonder why there were special forms for the HP-25 C.

Dieter
04-23-2018, 09:00 PM
If my memory serves well, HP included blank program form(s) in the Owner's Manual for the 25 & 55 models. These were, unfortunately, often separated from their initial repository & copied but hardly ever returned. Perhaps other members have similar memories?

BEST!
SlideRule
04-23-2018, 09:13 PM
(04-23-2018 08:46 PM)Dieter Wrote:  ...I also wonder why there were special forms for the HP-25 C.

Simple - Original HP-25 users were so accustomed to having to reenter their favorite programs every time it was turned-on, they could easily memorize the steps without referring to a printed copy. Big Grin

More seriously, there generally is much more HP information (brochures, collateral, spec. sheets, etc.) for the 25C than the original 25 as the 25C came with the 2nd wave of Woodstocks (27, 67, 97, 91, 25C) so seeing multiple language program forms similarly reflects the expanded marketing efforts HP made in general for the calculator product family, and also it's expanded commitment to international customers with locale-specific packaging. I believe (though am not positive) that the 25C had market-specific boxes and manuals, so expanding that to the simple paper forms makes sense. I believe the original 25 used the same box in all markets (though I think there were original, non-C) manuals available in various languages in those English boxes.

--Bob Prosperi
04-25-2018, 10:20 PM
(04-23-2018 08:46 PM)Dieter Wrote:  
(04-23-2018 08:10 PM)SlideRule Wrote:  Like this?

Yes.

(04-23-2018 08:10 PM)SlideRule Wrote:  ps: the MoHPC has program form(s) in varying languages, such as HP-25-French, German etc.

I'd be interested in the "etc." part. ;-) Especially if this also applies to other calculators than the HP-25. I also wonder why there were special forms for the HP-25 C.

Dieter
Sorry Dieter, the "C" was mine, no original HP form.
Pedro
04-26-2018, 06:58 AM
(04-25-2018 10:20 PM)PedroLeiva Wrote:  Sorry Dieter, the "C" was mine, no original HP form.

:-)))
I admit I was not sure if the C had been manually added or not.
It really looks exactly like the form posted by Sliderule.

For all others: Pedro sent me a scan of a filled HP25 program form. Since it was in Spanish I wondered if there may be other language versions.

However, if Sliderule (or someone else) hadn't added the "C" manually a 25C version indeed seems to have existed. Or not?

Dieter
04-26-2018, 07:08 AM
I've seen a few programs with non-English comments and identifiers. Not a large number but a few nonetheless.

APL is a non-English programming language, although it is arguably unreadable and barely writable Smile

Pauli
04-26-2018, 03:47 PM
(04-26-2018 07:08 AM)Paul Dale Wrote:  APL is a non-English programming language, although it is arguably unreadable and barely writable Smile

Having spent more than a year trying to learn this language (Dyalog Ltd. version) and only recently gained a limited grasp of it, I can't help but agree with your description. Learning APL is like quitting smoking; many try, few succeed! Smile

Remember kids, "In a democracy, you get the government you deserve."

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)