HP Connectivity Kit Crashes When I try to Transfer a Program to my Calculator
06-03-2018, 10:31 AM
HP Connectivity Kit Crashes When I try to Transfer a Program to my Calculator
Hello,

I suppose I am not the first one to encounter this problem.

After a few weeks of use without major problems, my HP connectivity Kits crashes every time I try to open my calculator. I cannot transfer files to and from my calculator.

My devices :

Computer : Mac, OS 10.13.1

Calculator :
HP Prime Hardware version C
Software version 13441

this is what I already tried :

- To restart the calculator
- To restart the HP Connectivity Kit
- To delete the last program I had transferred
- To reinstall the connectivity kit

All this without any effect.

Does anyone have a better idea ?

Enrico
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-03-2018, 01:49 PM
RE: HP Connectivity Kit Crashes When I try to Transfer a Program to my Calculator
Make a Back Up of your device first!

1. Hold C-F-O and press [ON] to enter diagnostic menu
2. Select (4) from the diagnostic utility
3. Select (3) Format Disk C
4. Then (9) RESET to return from diagnostic menu.

Then let your Connectivity Kit try to transfer the program.
06-03-2018, 04:27 PM
RE: HP Connectivity Kit Crashes When I try to Transfer a Program to my Calculator
Thank you very much, it worked ... but I could not do the backup, as the connectivity kit kept crashing, so I lost the programs I had coded on the calculator ... that's a lesson, always backup each and every program on the computer. :-(
06-03-2018, 06:57 PM
Actually it worked for exactly one file, and now I am back to where I was : every time I try to move a program to the calculator, the HP connectivity kit crashes. If I try to copy a file from the calculator to the computer, it crashes too. Is there something else that one can try ?
06-03-2018, 11:50 PM
It sounds like there is something fishy about that file specifically and not the rest of them. Could you post it somewhere? Or else email it to "calcbeta@hp.com" and we can hopefully figure out what is wrong with it for the future?

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
06-10-2018, 03:44 PM
(06-03-2018 11:50 PM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  It sounds like there is something fishy about that file specifically and not the rest of them. Could you post it somewhere? Or else email it to "calcbeta@hp.com" and we can hopefully figure out what is wrong with it for the future?

Tim,

Thank you very much! Actually it was once with one file I had downloaded from this site (called "acides", a small program), the other time with a small program I had written myself. I retried with another mini program with sme basic formulas, and had the same problem, so for now I give up on using the Prime. I believe the problem must be with the HP software on Mac, I'll wait the next update before I try again. In the meantime I am going back to my faithfull TI Nspire, which is less pleasant to use than the Prime (buttons, display ...), but which has proven to be very reliable and I never had any problem writing software on the Mac and transferring it to the calculator.
06-11-2018, 02:37 AM
I do not think there is a problem with the Mac connectivity kit. It must be something specific with either your calculator (is it up to date?) or those specific programs. Without them, I doubt the next release will fix it because we are not aware of any problem. Smile

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
06-11-2018, 05:55 AM
(06-11-2018 02:37 AM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  I do not think there is a problem with the Mac connectivity kit. It must be something specific with either your calculator (is it up to date?) or those specific programs. Without them, I doubt the next release will fix it because we are not aware of any problem. Smile

Yes the calculator is up to date.

I'll send you the programs. You'll be disappointed, they are trivial, just a few lines of PPL.

In the meantime I gave up on the Prime.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)