Omnibook 530
08-28-2018, 11:37 PM
Omnibook 530
Just picked up an Omnibook 530 with a bad hard drive controller. Is there a repository that exists of drivers? or an image of the stock hard drive that I can clone on a CF/PCMCIA card?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-29-2018, 09:16 PM
RE: Omnibook 530
(08-28-2018 11:37 PM)Omnibook 425 Wrote:  Just picked up an Omnibook 530 with a bad hard drive controller. Is there a repository that exists of drivers? or an image of the stock hard drive that I can clone on a CF/PCMCIA card?

I may have what you need. I have some files that were downloaded many years ago for the OB-530. You're welcome to have them. I don't make any claims that any of it works, but might get you going in the right direction.

Looks like I have a couple of zip files of the entire harddrive - one says OB-530 with Win95 and one is Win3.1. If I remember right, you could format a compact flash with DOS 6.1 on another system (I used a OB-430) and then just unzip the files to the CF card. And it would run (most of the time). Occasionally I wouldn't be able to get the prepared card to boot. To ensure booting on the 530, you should put a bare Dos 6.1 on a card first and then put it in the 530. If it boots up then unzipping the files to it should also work.

Send me a PM with your email address and I'll send you a link to the files.

Bill
Smithville, NJ
08-07-2019, 05:53 AM
I just got an omnibook 530, I'm interested in whatever files you have.
12-16-2022, 03:19 PM
Sorry to resurrect an old thread!

I have an OmniBook 530 that I bought in the late 90's that I am working to get operational again. I'm having some issues and looking for drivers and such. I have also found a few more modern parts that may be helpful for any other OB530 folks out there.

I do plan to start a new thread to share my journey!

Harland

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)