HP Prime virtual connection problem with HP connectivity kit
09-03-2018, 03:37 AM
HP Prime virtual connection problem with HP connectivity kit
The virtual calculator is not detected by the HP Prime Connectivity Kit, what can it be. uninstall both and then install each one separately, the latest version with date 2018_07_06. In April first the virtual calculator and then the connectivity kit, it does not detect it, but if I connect the HP Prime physics with the USB cable it is detected.
What options or preferences should be handled in the software? The working directory should be the same for both or not?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-03-2018, 04:23 AM
RE: HP Prime virtual connection problem with HP connectivity kit
Your antivirus/firewall is most likely blocking the local IP connection. I assume you are on windows, using the Connectivity Kit and Virtual Calculator (not the Windows store version)

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
09-03-2018, 05:01 AM
On both the connectivity kit and the virtual Prime...

Edit > Preferences...

Make sure "Enable Network" is checked.
09-03-2018, 05:59 AM
thanks to both, the preferences are equally enabled but still connected. Yes, I am using the files that are on hpcalc.org
09-03-2018, 06:02 AM
(09-03-2018 04:23 AM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  Your antivirus/firewall is most likely blocking the local IP connection. I assume you are on windows, using the Connectivity Kit and Virtual Calculator (not the Windows store version)

And how do I unlock it? Which IP does the application use?
09-03-2018, 06:09 AM
I fixed it, as Tim says I got into the antivirus that was the one that controlled the windows firewall, and enabled all connections in the program options, in a program called "HPNetworkCommunicatorCom" and enabled all connections as "allowed" and it was solved, thanks ...
09-03-2018, 09:34 AM
(09-03-2018 06:09 AM)math7 Wrote:  I fixed it, as Tim says I got into the antivirus that was the one that controlled the windows firewall, and enabled all connections in the program options, in a program called "HPNetworkCommunicatorCom" and enabled all connections as "allowed" and it was solved, thanks ...

This should also be in the FAQ / Tips & Tricks

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)