Potential 10bii+ clearance at Staples
04-24-2014, 05:20 AM
Potential 10bii+ clearance at Staples
No idea if this is chain-wide, but I found a 10bii+ on the 50%-off clearance table for about $10. Might be worth a look if there's a store near you. Seems like it's a very capable (and fast) financial.

Is there anything interesting that can be done with the 6-pin port inside the battery door?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-24-2014, 10:32 AM
RE: Potential 10bii+ clearance at Staples
(04-24-2014 05:20 AM)Dave Britten Wrote:  Is there anything interesting that can be done with the 6-pin port inside the battery door?
Updating firmware if available. A couple of bugs have been corrected, but I don't know if there's a source for the new firmware or if it silently went into recent models.

The 10bII+ has a very nice function set (trigs, finance, statistics and more), a good (but noisy) keyboard and LCD and a nice shape. Feels very solid. No RPN, unfortunately, just chain mode and basic algebraic entry.
Find all posts by this user
04-24-2014, 01:52 PM
Quote:Is there anything interesting that can be done with the 6-pin port inside the battery door?

It's got the same ARM processor as many of the recent HP calculators and it can be repurposed to be a different sort of calculator. However it would take a bit of playing around to figure out the LCD and keyboard mapping as there is not SDK for it, AFAIK.

-katie

04-24-2014, 03:50 PM
(04-24-2014 01:52 PM)Katie Wasserman Wrote:  However it would take a bit of playing around to figure out the LCD and keyboard mapping as there is not SDK for it, AFAIK.

Keyboard layout is quite simple and I believe it just maps to 0-N like other units. Would be happy to provide anything on demand if not the case. Same for the LCD diagram.

I am not aware of any clearance going on, but that really isn't an area I am normally involved in. Yes though, you should get one. It is an amazingly good unit - especially for it suggested price.

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
Find all posts by this user
04-24-2014, 04:17 PM
(04-24-2014 03:50 PM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  
(04-24-2014 01:52 PM)Katie Wasserman Wrote:  However it would take a bit of playing around to figure out the LCD and keyboard mapping as there is not SDK for it, AFAIK.

Keyboard layout is quite simple and I believe it just maps to 0-N like other units. Would be happy to provide anything on demand if not the case. Same for the LCD diagram.

I am not aware of any clearance going on, but that really isn't an area I am normally involved in. Yes though, you should get one. It is an amazingly good unit - especially for it suggested price.

I agree, it's a very nice model. Lots of features, good build quality, and very fast. It might steal my 12C's spot in my bills/finance box, since the vertical form factor is more hand-friendly.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)