Control Systems: HP prime app, now with frequency, time domain and root locus plots
05-07-2021, 05:24 PM
RE: Control Systems: HP prime app, now with frequency, time domain and root locus plots
I haven't looked at the code, but when I have seen an inexplicable syntax error in my own code I have sometimes found it helpful to delete and retype a few lines near the syntax error.
I suspected a problematic non-breaking space or breaking space or tab etc. - but I haven't seen that for quite a while, so that might not help.

Stephen Lewkowicz (G1CMZ)
https://my.numworks.com/python/steveg1cmz
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-11-2021, 01:19 PM
Control Systems: HP prime app, now with frequency, time domain and root locus plots
Hi all
After a recent upgrade of the HP Prime calculator firmware (from version 2.1.14425 (2020 01 16) to Version 2.1.14588 (2021 05 05) I also got a bunch of compiler errors.
Solution: add parentheses :"()" add the end of the line where you encounter a syntax error.
Example: "EXPORT retrieveEq" becomes "EXPORTretrieveEq()"
This is most probably due to stricter syntax rules applied in the latest firmware version.
For me, this worked
Find all posts by this user
05-14-2021, 02:37 PM
Hello
About the question below:

(09-20-2020 10:03 AM)ggauny@live.fr Wrote:  Hello,

After many try, I always get SYNTAX ERROR IN LINE 1421.

I surely do something wrong but what ?

Good sunday.

As mentioned in my previous post, I recently upgraded to the newest firmware (from version 2.1.14425 (2020 01 16) to Version 2.1.14588 (2021 05 05) and only today I also got this compiler error.
Solution that worked for me: go into program "Grid" (program editor) and press "check".
Start the Control Systems App again. It should be OK now.
05-18-2021, 08:51 AM
RE: Control Systems: HP prime app, now with frequency, time domain and root locus plots
Hi all, an update to the Control Systems App is now available (version v3.01, attached to the initial post of this thread). User guide is updated as well.

- tested with HP Prime firmware versions 2.1.14425 (2020 01 16) and 2.1.14588 (2021 05 05)
- compatibility with HP prime firmware version 2.1.14588(2021 05 05): fixed syntax errors because of stricter syntax rules
- fixed error with random crashes: moved CAS routines into a separate user program (removed from Control Systems App)
- added demo program 'TestGrid', demonstrating calling grid utility 'DrawGrid'
- added demo program 'CharEquationCoeff', demonstrating calling Control Systems App routine 'RetrieveOneEq'

Hope you like it.
Regards
05-19-2021, 03:32 AM
I get a crash most likely related to this app, latest version (may 5th firmware). To reproduce it, install the app, run it (check everything related to it in the program section), go to Python app, type anything in symbolic view (Symb key) and then press the Num key. I get a crash.
01-20-2022, 01:34 PM
Hello there,
I can confirm that the V3.01 works with the newer Firmware update too (G1 2.1.14603, 2021-12-02).
One thing that I noticed is that I had to repeat the upload procedure for some 10 times. I followed the guide that says to check program code in the Program list first (with positive result), and THEN enter the app to run the application. As one of the earlier comments I was presented with the "classic" Symb view.
I don't know if the problem is on my hardware or if the firmware update introduces some sort of inherent bug that presents itself every now and then.

If any problems occurs I'll keep this post updated.

User(s) browsing this thread: