interesting riddle
06-22-2019, 08:09 PM
interesting riddle
I received the monthly AARP magazine today and it contains the following riddle. If a six-sided die has three sides that say "yes" and three sides that say "no," what is the one question you can ask before rolling the die that will always have a truthful answer?

The answer is on a different page in the magazine. I'm not going to look at it until I see which clever person here responds.

I have a hunch that the answer is painfully obvious.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-22-2019, 08:22 PM
RE: interesting riddle
(06-22-2019 08:09 PM)Don Shepherd Wrote:  I received the monthly AARP magazine today and it contains the following riddle. If a six-sided die has three sides that say "yes" and three sides that say "no," what is the one question you can ask before rolling the die that will always have a truthful answer?

The answer is on a different page in the magazine. I'm not going to look at it until I see which clever person here responds.

Is Shrodinger's cat alive?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-22-2019, 08:33 PM
Will the die say "yes"?
06-22-2019, 10:48 PM
(06-22-2019 08:33 PM)grsbanks Wrote:  Will the die say "yes"?
The magazine answer is "Have I rolled a YES?"

It took me awhile, but I see the logic now.
06-22-2019, 11:43 PM
(06-22-2019 08:09 PM)Don Shepherd Wrote:  I received the monthly AARP magazine today and it contains the following riddle. If a six-sided die has three sides that say "yes" and three sides that say "no," what is the one question you can ask before rolling the die that will always have a truthful answer?

I'd ask, "Are you lying?"

Tom L
Cui bono?
06-23-2019, 09:53 PM
What is the AARP Magazine?
Dennis, way up North and just letting my pigeons and ferrets out for the night.

Denny Tuckerman
06-24-2019, 12:08 AM
(06-23-2019 09:53 PM)Leviset Wrote:  What is the AARP Magazine?

American Association of Retired Persons. It's an organization that we join to get discounts on many things like car insurance, prescription drugs (illegal drugs are still full price, however) We pay an annual fee and they subsidize all sorts of things for us. Also, since there are millions of members, we get discounts at hotels, restaurants and many other places. It puts out a monthly magazine that features some famous person over 60 on each cover. You can usually save more than the annual fee so it makes sense to join for most people.

Tom L
Cui bono?
06-24-2019, 05:44 AM (This post was last modified: 06-24-2019 05:46 AM by Massimo Gnerucci.)
(06-24-2019 12:08 AM)toml_12953 Wrote:  
(06-23-2019 09:53 PM)Leviset Wrote:  What is the AARP Magazine?

American Association of Retired Persons. It's an organization that we join to get discounts on many things like car insurance, prescription drugs (illegal drugs are still full price, however) We pay an annual fee and they subsidize all sorts of things for us. Also, since there are millions of members, we get discounts at hotels, restaurants and many other places. It puts out a monthly magazine that features some famous person over 60 on each cover. You can usually save more than the annual fee so it makes sense to join for most people.

Nothing to do with this then... Big Grin
Weather is fine today!

Greetings,
    Massimo

-+×÷ ↔ left is right and right is wrong
06-24-2019, 06:55 AM
(06-24-2019 12:08 AM)toml_12953 Wrote:  American Association of Retired Persons.

Don't ask me why, I have no idea, but for some reason I initially parsed that as "Retired Parsons"...
06-24-2019, 01:37 PM
(06-24-2019 06:55 AM)grsbanks Wrote:  
(06-24-2019 12:08 AM)toml_12953 Wrote:  American Association of Retired Persons.

Don't ask me why, I have no idea, but for some reason I initially parsed that as "Retired Parsons"...

I'm sure some of the retired persons are parsons!

I joined AARP mostly for the discount rates many hotels offer to AARP members.
06-24-2019, 01:48 PM
I had to ask as Searching from the UK gave ‘American Accidental Release Problem’ so I stopped looking!

Denny Tuckerman
06-24-2019, 03:41 PM
(06-24-2019 06:55 AM)grsbanks Wrote:  

Bless you, my son! Smile

Tom L
Cui bono?
06-24-2019, 03:42 PM
(06-24-2019 01:48 PM)Leviset Wrote:  I had to ask as Searching from the UK gave ‘American Accidental Release Problem’ so I stopped looking!

Is that like premature ejaculation? Wink

Tom L
Cui bono?

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)