"Wait..." on WP 34S
09-01-2020, 04:12 PM
"Wait..." on WP 34S
I have a WP 34S made from a HP 30b with an IR/USB board. When I use it, most of the time I am getting the "Wait..." message for a non-trivial amount of time for simple operations: putting number on stack, +, - , x, / RCL, swap, etc. My battery voltage was 2.8 which is a bit low so I thought that might be the issue so I connected it to my computer with a USB cable which keeps voltage steady at 3, but I still have the issue. Could I have the calculator in some obscure mode that is causing this?

thanks
brett
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-01-2020, 06:30 PM
RE: "Wait..." on WP 34S
(09-01-2020 04:12 PM)brettpim Wrote:  I have a WP 34S made from a HP 30b with an IR/USB board. When I use it, most of the time I am getting the "Wait..." message for a non-trivial amount of time for simple operations: putting number on stack, +, - , x, / RCL, swap, etc. My battery voltage was 2.8 which is a bit low so I thought that might be the issue so I connected it to my computer with a USB cable which keeps voltage steady at 3, but I still have the issue. Could I have the calculator in some obscure mode that is causing this?

thanks
brett

Maybe it's in a trace printing mode? Try: CF T ( [g] [▾] [×] ).

— Ian Abbott
09-01-2020, 08:16 PM (This post was last modified: 09-01-2020 08:35 PM by brettpim.)
That seems to have fixed it, thanks

But if Flag T is set by default (p. 175 of Manual_wp_34s_3_1) why did I not see the same problem for first 6 months of calculator's life?

brett
09-02-2020, 03:33 PM
(09-01-2020 08:16 PM)brettpim Wrote:  That seems to have fixed it, thanks

But if Flag T is set by default (p. 175 of Manual_wp_34s_3_1) why did I not see the same problem for first 6 months of calculator's life?

It's cleared by default:

Code:

| HP-42S | WP 34S | Remarks                                                     |
+--------+--------+-------------------------------------------------------------+
| MAN    | CF T   | This print mode is startup default on your WP 34S.          |

— Ian Abbott
09-02-2020, 04:21 PM
Ok, I misinterpreted that line, thanks.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)