Public Beta Availiable - RC - Win/Mac/Firmware/Android/iOS
01-15-2020, 09:25 AM
RE: Public Beta Availiable - RC - Win/Mac/Firmware/Android/iOS
(01-15-2020 07:15 AM)cyrille de brébisson Wrote:  Hello,

One of the issues with font is dialog boxes...
Basically, if the largest font was larger than it is now, then the text would not fit in the dialog boxes allotted space, this means that the spaces would need to be made larger... But a lot of the dialog boxes are already at the limit of what we can put in the screen....

It might be nice to have a larger font in the home area, but making this change would be a huge amount of work...

Cyrille
Well, 3-4 pixels higher, 1-2 wider could do? Perhaps a bold font?
You could compute what is the maximum that fits in the dialog boxes
thus eliminating the split funktionality - just squeeze what you can, will you?
Thank you for your bold move, Cyrille!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-17-2020, 01:47 AM
Also a smaller font (10 pxls high), for those of us who use Latin characters, I'm sorry for the characters from the Far East and the like.
Remember that in the hp50 we had 6, 7, 8, high pixel fonts
01-17-2020, 02:29 PM
(01-17-2020 01:47 AM)compsystems Wrote:  Also a smaller font (10 pxls high), for those of us who use Latin characters, I'm sorry for the characters from the Far East and the like.
Remember that in the hp50 we had 6, 7, 8, high pixel fonts
HP-48 series had a 10 pixels high nice font
01-22-2020, 06:11 PM
A Linux version would be nice Wink
Thanks
01-22-2020, 10:26 PM
(01-22-2020 06:11 PM)clytle374 Wrote:  A Linux version would be nice Wink
Thanks

Yes, that would be cool.
Preferable a Linux CK first

Please, Please :-)
01-23-2020, 04:55 AM
Thanks

https://www.hpcalc.org/prime/beta/

"This is a technical preview and does not indicate a supported Linux release will be forthcoming. Built using Ubuntu 14.04 and packaged as an x64 appimage."

*HOWEVER* I specifically removed the normal "3 month" timeout found in most beta versions for the Linux one... Wink

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
01-23-2020, 07:19 PM
(01-23-2020 04:55 AM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  
Thanks

"This is a technical preview and does not indicate a supported Linux release will be forthcoming. Built using Ubuntu 14.04 and packaged as an x64 appimage."

*HOWEVER* I specifically removed the normal "3 month" timeout found in most beta versions for the Linux one... Wink

I have installed this preview under debian (testing). Good to know that there is no timeout :-)
So there is something to play.
I have send my first bugreport for the linux prime emulator to calcbeta@hp.com, but I have not yet
received a reply. Should I send it in this thread also?

Playing with the emulator is a lot of fun, anyway.
I'm now thinking to buy a HP prime G2 version :-)

Under wine I have also installed the HP CK for windows to write and test programs.
I'm aware that a firmware update is currently not possible under linux. But simple file transfer
via libhpcalcs.

So a linux CK would be very nice :-)

Best regards

Reiner
01-30-2020, 02:48 PM
Thanks

I understand that, wish they'd provide more linux support.

And I thank you for your support.

Cory
02-19-2020, 03:23 PM
End of the beta of HP Prime Pro for iOS?
The App has expired.
02-19-2020, 04:44 PM
Goto App Store and reinstall HP Prime Pro !

— Dirk Hartland
03-26-2020, 01:12 PM
Dear Tim

Thank you very much for the Linux preview with no expiry date: I installed it a few weeks ago in Ubuntu and my preliminary trials worked great. I am a fan of the HP 50g and Linux, where I use Emu48.

I use the HP 50g to demonstrate some calculations while giving lessons on telecomm. engineering at the university. But I have been testing the CAS of the HP Prime and my feelings are mixed, as for each CAS operation I check with the HP 50g, the HP Prime performs better, faster and has more options, e.g., the single FOURIER CAS command in the HP 50g is more complete in the HP Prime, with the real and complex versions of the transform, to cite an example.

I have more to tell about my mixed feelings, but in short: I was reluctant to get an HP Prime and in the end I ordered one and it is coming.

By the way: if there is a future possibility to communicate the calculator with Linux, that would be awesome.

Keep on doing this way!

Ramón

Thanks

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-27-2020, 06:36 AM
Hello,

I have not looked at the code recently, but I think that we did, at one point, implement the USB function for Linux in the emulator...

This means that, if the code is still there and linked, you might be able to communicate between the linux emulator and a real calcualtor. This will allow you to send files from your calc to the linux PC through the emulator...

Give it a try and tell me if it works or not...

Cyrille

Although I work for the HP calculator group, the views and opinions I post here are my own. I do not speak for HP.
03-27-2020, 08:10 PM (This post was last modified: 03-28-2020 09:30 AM by ramon_ea1gth.)
Dear Cyrille

It is a pleasure to have you here in the forum attending posts.

After some time playing with the emulators, I just received the real HP Prime. I connected it to my Linux computer and I can see it in a terminal with lsusb:
Code:
$ lsusb
Bus 001 Device 012: ID 03f0:2441 Hewlett-Packard

However, I was looking for an option in the Virtual Calculator menu to connect and I didn't see anything. Maybe I miss something... The 'About' dialog box says I am using Build: 2.1.14288 (2019 10 22)

I also tried to send a matrix from the Matrix menu in the real HP Prime. The 'Send' option is active and the calculator tries to send it to the computer. But, on the other side, the Virtual Calculator has no 'Send' option active in its Matrix menu.

Just in case, I checked the logs to find any problem during the connection of the HP Prime and they looked fine (the plug&play system trying to do something with the new device, but nothing serious I believe, no red warnings):

Code:
$ journalctl -f
mar 28 10:16:47 minicorvus kernel: usb 1-9: new high-speed USB device number 19 using xhci_hcd
mar 28 10:16:47 minicorvus kernel: usb 1-9: New USB device found, idVendor=03f0, idProduct=2441
mar 28 10:16:47 minicorvus kernel: usb 1-9: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=0
mar 28 10:16:47 minicorvus kernel: usb 1-9: Product: HP Prime
mar 28 10:16:47 minicorvus kernel: usb 1-9: Manufacturer: HP Prime
mar 28 10:16:47 minicorvus kernel: hid-generic 0003:03F0:2441.000D: hiddev1,hidraw5: USB HID v1.00 Device [HP Prime HP Prime] on usb-0000:00:14.0-9/input0
mar 28 10:16:47 minicorvus mtp-probe[9041]: checking bus 1, device 19: "/sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:14.0/usb1/1-9"
mar 28 10:16:47 minicorvus mtp-probe[9041]: bus: 1, device: 19 was not an MTP device
mar 28 10:16:48 minicorvus upowerd[1265]: unhandled action 'bind' on /sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:14.0/usb1/1-9/1-9:1.0/0003:03F0:2441.000D
mar 28 10:16:48 minicorvus upowerd[1265]: unhandled action 'bind' on /sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:14.0/usb1/1-9/1-9:1.0
mar 28 10:16:48 minicorvus upowerd[1265]: unhandled action 'bind' on /sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:14.0/usb1/1-9

Thank you for your dedication to this forum!

Ramón

PS. I enclose a picture to show the appearance of the Virtual Calculator in my Ubuntu 18.04 Linux:

[Image: linux_prime_calc.jpg]

(03-27-2020 06:36 AM)cyrille de brébisson Wrote:  Hello,

I have not looked at the code recently, but I think that we did, at one point, implement the USB function for Linux in the emulator...

This means that, if the code is still there and linked, you might be able to communicate between the linux emulator and a real calcualtor. This will allow you to send files from your calc to the linux PC through the emulator...

Give it a try and tell me if it works or not...

Cyrille
03-28-2020, 10:33 AM
Quote:"Built using Ubuntu 14.04 and packaged as an x64 appimage."

Will this work on Ubuntu 18.04?
03-28-2020, 10:23 PM
(03-28-2020 10:33 AM)tcab Wrote:  
Quote:"Built using Ubuntu 14.04 and packaged as an x64 appimage."

Will this work on Ubuntu 18.04?

That's the idea of the appimage format: it's supposed to contain everything that it needs, libs etc, so should run on any version.

But I've not tried it myself…

Cambridge, UK
41CL/DM41X 12/15C/16C DM15/16 17B/II/II+ 28S 42S/DM42 32SII 48GX 50g 35s WP34S PrimeG2 WP43S/pilot
Casio, Rockwell 18R
03-30-2020, 05:24 AM
Hello,

So, what you are saying is that, if you connect the physical calc to your Linux computer with the emulator running, you see the "send" button in the matrix menu on the calculator, but not on the emulator (make sure you force a screen refresh by pressing some buttons, or by only going to the matrix menu after you connect the USB cable)...

Can you please confirm?

Cyrille

Although I work for the HP calculator group, the views and opinions I post here are my own. I do not speak for HP.
03-30-2020, 02:47 PM
Hello Cyrille

Yes, I confirm you are right.

I refreshed the screen of the virtual calculator in the [Shift][Matrix] menu. Afterwards, I moved to [Shift][Program] to look for "Send" and also back to [Shift][Matrix], but no "Send" was available in the virtual calculator. I also run the program as root, just to test, but nothing new. I disconnected and reconnected the USB also. On the other hand, the "Send" is available in the real HP Prime when connected to the computer (whether in the Matrix menu or in the Program menu).

Just to help (I understand it is difficult to keep track of all the posts) I was checking in a Linux terminal the messages thrown by the application and I ended in this answer given by Tim Wessman, as I was obtaining the same messages in the terminal:

https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-14351.html

I was going to check USB permissions or something with udev rules, but maybe the USB support is still not complete: but if you need me to try anything, let me know. Anyway, I am happy to have the app for Linux working for the rest of the functions.

On the other hand, and now off-topic, a fast question: what is the best place to suggest functionalities (of course, to be studied) for the HP-Prime? I wrote something here:

https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-1817-page-6.html

But if there is a more suitable place for you developers, please let me know.

Thanks Cyrille!

(03-30-2020 05:24 AM)cyrille de brébisson Wrote:  Hello,

So, what you are saying is that, if you connect the physical calc to your Linux computer with the emulator running, you see the "send" button in the matrix menu on the calculator, but not on the emulator (make sure you force a screen refresh by pressing some buttons, or by only going to the matrix menu after you connect the USB cable)...

Can you please confirm?

Cyrille

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)