HP-41 Online Quick Reference Guides
01-22-2020, 09:16 PM
RE: HP-41 Online Quick Reference Guides
(01-22-2020 08:02 PM)Jurgen Keller Wrote:  There is a bit of progress, spare time is rare. Currently, I'm transforming the HEPAX QRG. As I don't have a HEPAX module (anybody sells one?) I'd like to ask if anybody can provide a picture of it, in a similar fashion as this one:

[Image: hp82183a.jpg]

Like those you can find here?

Greetings,
    Massimo

-+×÷ ↔ left is right and right is wrong
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-25-2020, 06:12 PM
(01-22-2020 09:16 PM)Massimo Gnerucci Wrote:  
(01-22-2020 08:02 PM)Jurgen Keller Wrote:  There is a bit of progress, spare time is rare. Currently, I'm transforming the HEPAX QRG. As I don't have a HEPAX module (anybody sells one?) I'd like to ask if anybody can provide a picture of it, in a similar fashion as this one:

[Image: hp82183a.jpg]

Like those you can find here?

Good hint, thank you, Massimo! I will ask him if I may use the pictures.
Find all posts by this user
01-25-2020, 07:43 PM (This post was last modified: 01-25-2020 07:44 PM by Sylvain Cote.)
(01-22-2020 08:02 PM)Jurgen Keller Wrote:  As I don't have a HEPAX ... I'd like to ask if anybody can provide a picture of it, in a similar fashion as this one:
I have the manual, the QRG and the box but alas not the module. Sad
I have put a NoV-64 in the kit until I find an original one.
Matthias has several HEPAX modules, ask him.
01-26-2020, 08:43 AM
(01-25-2020 07:43 PM)Sylvain Cote Wrote:  
(01-22-2020 08:02 PM)Jurgen Keller Wrote:  As I don't have a HEPAX ... I'd like to ask if anybody can provide a picture of it, in a similar fashion as this one:
I have the manual, the QRG and the box but alas not the module. Sad
I have put a NoV-64 in the kit until I find an original one.
Matthias has several HEPAX modules, ask him.

That's of course the most obvious approach and I could have thought of this myself. Let's activate the Swiss connection ... Matthias, you've got mail :-)
01-27-2020, 03:36 PM
The Swiss connection worked. Sorry, I guess I didn't follow this threat closely enough and was a little bit behind schedule.
@ Jürgen: Just let me know if you need another picture, I have 1-2 more modules.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-27-2020, 06:23 PM
(01-27-2020 03:36 PM)HP-Collection Wrote:  The Swiss connection worked. Sorry, I guess I didn't follow this threat closely enough and was a little bit behind schedule.
@ Jürgen: Just let me know if you need another picture, I have 1-2 more modules.

Thanks a lot, Matthias! Just updated the web site. Not sure yet which of the QRGs I will approach next.
01-27-2020, 06:45 PM
(01-27-2020 06:23 PM)Jurgen Keller Wrote:  Not sure yet which of the QRGs I will approach next.

What about the core 41CX, or maybe better, the XFN & TIME functions that are unique to the 41CX extensions of these modules?

Beyond that, I'd vote for the CCD module, perhaps with some kind of color-coding, etc. to show which of those functions are also in Angel's OSX module, derived from CCD?

And btw, these are both beautiful and darned handy!

When you really run out of things to publish, Jeremy Smith's Synthetic QRG is full of useful info which could be cherry-picked for a new, "Advanced/Synthetic QRG".

--Bob Prosperi
01-27-2020, 08:06 PM
(01-27-2020 06:45 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  
(01-27-2020 06:23 PM)Jurgen Keller Wrote:  Not sure yet which of the QRGs I will approach next.

What about the core 41CX, or maybe better, the XFN & TIME functions that are unique to the 41CX extensions of these modules?

Beyond that, I'd vote for the CCD module, perhaps with some kind of color-coding, etc. to show which of those functions are also in Angel's OSX module, derived from CCD?

And btw, these are both beautiful and darned handy!

When you really run out of things to publish, Jeremy Smith's Synthetic QRG is full of useful info which could be cherry-picked for a new, "Advanced/Synthetic QRG".

The CCD module is definitely prioritized on my list. However, this will be labour intensive and contains some tables that are not easy to convert to HTML. Furthermore, I'm currently missing an OCR-ed version which would make my life much easier. If anyone can provide one, I'd go for that first.

The Synthetic QRG is even worse wrt to complex tables. I fully agree that it contains a lot of interesting information but for now it's probably out of scope.

I also thought about the PPC ROM because it was such a nice community project. There was a thread about the PPC Pocket Guide a few years ago, however, I missed to download the PDFs and now the links don't work anymore. Sylvain, are you listening? :-)
01-27-2020, 08:51 PM (This post was last modified: 01-28-2020 01:18 PM by Sylvain Cote.)
(01-27-2020 08:06 PM)Jurgen Keller Wrote:  Sylvain, are you listening? :-)
Hello Jürgen,
My virtual ears are working all right. Wink
Those links were lost when DropBox changed their sharing rules, I will put the documents on my website tonight and put the links back here.
Sylvain
Edit: I had a severe migraine last night and was not able to fulfil my promise, I should be able to do it tonight, sorry about that.
01-28-2020, 08:05 PM
(01-27-2020 08:51 PM)Sylvain Cote Wrote:  
(01-27-2020 08:06 PM)Jurgen Keller Wrote:  Sylvain, are you listening? :-)
Hello Jürgen,
My virtual ears are working all right. Wink
Those links were lost when DropBox changed their sharing rules, I will put the documents on my website tonight and put the links back here.
Sylvain
Edit: I had a severe migraine last night and was not able to fulfil my promise, I should be able to do it tonight, sorry about that.

I hope you're doing better, a migraine can be a real beast. Regarding the documents: no need to hurry. I think I will start with the CCD which will keep me busy for some time. Then, I'll get back to the PPC because converting the pocket guide will also be a good opportunity to learn more about this gem.
01-29-2020, 12:17 AM
Hello Jürgen,

The PPC ROM Pocket Guides are available again!

PPC ROM Pocket Guide 1981 (Printing, Reading, OCR)
PPC ROM Pocket Guide 1985 (Printing, Reading, OCR)

Warning: the OCR versions has not been post corrected after scan, they thus contains a significant number of errors.

Sylvain
01-29-2020, 06:16 PM
(01-29-2020 12:17 AM)Sylvain Cote Wrote:  The PPC ROM Pocket Guides are available again!

thank you Sylvain.

Cambridge, UK
41CL/DM41X 12/15C/16C DM15/16 17B/II/II+ 28S 42S/DM42 32SII 48GX 50g 35s WP34S PrimeG2 WP43S/pilot
Casio, Rockwell 18R
01-29-2020, 06:39 PM
(01-29-2020 12:17 AM)Sylvain Cote Wrote:  The PPC ROM Pocket Guides are available again!

Thanks a lot, Sylvain!
01-29-2020, 08:02 PM
(01-28-2020 08:05 PM)Jurgen Keller Wrote:  ...Then, I'll get back to the PPC because converting the pocket guide will also be a good opportunity to learn more about this gem.

Do you have a PPC ROM manual Jurgen? Of course there are PDF versions available from several sources, but to appreciate it you need a physical copy. Smile

Though definitely not tutorial in nature, the PPC ROM manual is likely the single best resource if you want to learn 41C programming techniques, by studying the FOCAL code and detailed notes provided for each ROM routine.

And since to convert that to webpages would likely take many man-years, we will avoid that entire discussion. Wink

--Bob Prosperi
01-30-2020, 07:09 PM
(01-29-2020 08:02 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  
(01-28-2020 08:05 PM)Jurgen Keller Wrote:  ...Then, I'll get back to the PPC because converting the pocket guide will also be a good opportunity to learn more about this gem.

Do you have a PPC ROM manual Jurgen? Of course there are PDF versions available from several sources, but to appreciate it you need a physical copy. Smile

Though definitely not tutorial in nature, the PPC ROM manual is likely the single best resource if you want to learn 41C programming techniques, by studying the FOCAL code and detailed notes provided for each ROM routine.

And since to convert that to webpages would likely take many man-years, we will avoid that entire discussion. Wink

Yes, I've got one years ago from Ángel. Kind of a gift from heaven :-)

As you say, converting the manual would probably be a life-task. However, converting the pocket guide is a manageable task.
01-30-2020, 07:56 PM
(01-30-2020 07:09 PM)Jurgen Keller Wrote:  Yes, I've got one years ago from Ángel. Kind of a gift from heaven :-)

As you say, converting the manual would probably be a life-task. However, converting the pocket guide is a manageable task.

OK, great news, every 41 fan needs a copy! I was preparing to make just such an offer but Angel beat me to it, and years ago too!

I recently installed a PPC ROM module file into my 41X and took the manual out to look up some details; I was surprised at how much detailed info. is in there that I had forgotten about. Truly a calculator fan community project that will never be equaled.

--Bob Prosperi
01-31-2020, 03:34 PM
(01-30-2020 07:56 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  Truly a calculator fan community project that will never be equaled.

It was quite a time in 1980-81. The side benefit was learning how to manually "paste up" ROM-manual pages using a "waxer". I can't remember how those 61 huge page originals - larger than 11 by 17 - were shipped back to the west coast. It must have been a rather large flat box.... Richard Nelson probably remembers.

Jake

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)