Woodstock battery holder
12-16-2019, 01:55 AM
Woodstock battery holder
Hi all,

I seem to remember replacements being available online. Anyone know where?

I received a dead HP25, but after some circuit board scrubbing and a good drying it came to life again. The keyboard is not 100% so will need a clean up at some stage. I'll try painting on some solder through circuit board lacquer to preserve what remains of the eroded tracks. HP covered the bottom of the board with a protective film, I wonder why the top missed out.

I also got a dead HP45, but it appears to work ok except for (I suspect) a dirty keyboard and some of the LED segments have partially failed as only parts of those segments light. Those lit parts of the segment are brighter than normal so maybe the rest of the segment structure has shorted probably due to chemical degradation over time.

cheers

Tony
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-16-2019, 02:22 AM
RE: Woodstock battery holder
Try Mark at <waterhosko@aol.com>. I don't know if he does Woodstock battery packs though.
12-16-2019, 03:58 AM
There are at least two Woodstock battery holder replacement available, the first one was designed by Nate Martin and the other one from Mark Fleming.
Go to my HP Calculator Parts & Services article, then scroll down to the Woodstock section, you will find the URLs for these items.
Sylvain
12-16-2019, 04:47 PM
(12-16-2019 03:58 AM)Sylvain Cote Wrote:  There are at least two Woodstock battery holder replacement available, the first one was designed by Nate Martin and the other one from Mark Fleming.

I take absolutely no credit (or profit) from the battery holder design on Shapeways! It originated on Thingiverse but required some minor changes to pass muster with the Shapeways design checks. If you have the time, it's fairly easy to modify a stock battery pack to hold a pair of rechargeables (Eneloops preferred). OTOH, it's generally a little easier to remove and replace batteries on the 3D printed cases.

Slightly off topic: Just received a working HP29C from a randomly assembled lot of 8 calculators. It too needs a little cleaning and battery pack rebuild!

Remember kids, "In a democracy, you get the government you deserve."
12-16-2019, 05:30 PM
(12-16-2019 04:47 PM)mfleming Wrote:  
(12-16-2019 03:58 AM)Sylvain Cote Wrote:  There are at least two Woodstock battery holder replacement available, the first one was designed by Nate Martin and the other one from Mark Fleming.
I take absolutely no credit (or profit) from the battery holder design on Shapeways! It originated on Thingiverse but required some minor changes to pass muster with the Shapeways design checks.
Hello Mark,
Noted and changed to Designed by FozzTexx in the article page. Thanks!
Sylvain
12-16-2019, 07:56 PM
Merci Sylvain.

Credit where credit due!

Remember kids, "In a democracy, you get the government you deserve."
12-21-2019, 12:44 AM (This post was last modified: 12-21-2019 12:49 AM by Jose Gonzalez Divasson.)
This one comes complete with the springs in stainless steel. Only problem is that colour is black (HP's Multijet technology!)

The 3D drawing is also ours.

[Image: A55FEB8A-6DD8-49DA-A793-8B022F2AE7CB.jpg]

[Image: Battery_box_woodstock_v16.jpg]
12-21-2019, 06:19 PM (This post was last modified: 12-21-2019 06:20 PM by Sylvain Cote.)
(12-21-2019 12:44 AM)Jose Gonzalez Divasson Wrote:  This one comes complete with the springs in stainless steel.
Great! Thank you Jose. Added to the HP Calculator Parts & Services article.
If you have other parts that you want to get listed, please send me a PM with the part list and I will add them to the article.
Sylvain

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)