Allschwil Meeting 2020
08-18-2020, 11:12 AM
RE: Allschwil Meeting 2020
I have sent my registration. I do intend to travel, only if the actual situatiuon allows. Would be nice to anticipate an online event anyhow, if only for those who choose not to travel. I already miss Sylvains'presentation ...

Regards, Meindert
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-26-2020, 01:02 PM
Dear HP enthusiasts

The last days have unfortunately shown what many of us feared: The number of corona cases is rising in many European countries. Switzerland is also affected by this trend. Some areas of Switzerland are already on the quarantine lists of other countries and an improvement of the situation is not to be expected soon.
Allschwil had also to evaultate the feasibility of a meeting. After a lengthy exchange with Hans-Peter, we decided that there will be no Allschwil meeting this year. The requirements for an international event are very high and we do not see any possibility to implement them with a clear conscience. Therefore, we are unfortunately forced to cancel this year's meeting of HP enthusiasts.
At the moment we are checking possibilities to make existing speaches public anyway.
We ask for your understanding and wish you a nice autumn. We hope to be able to plan the meeting for next year when the situation will hopefully have improved again.

With kind regards
Yours Matthias and Hans-Peter
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-26-2020, 01:35 PM
I believe that this was, unfortunately, the right decision to take.

Hopefully we can meet again in 2021.

J-F
09-27-2020, 11:27 AM
(09-26-2020 01:35 PM)J-F Garnier Wrote:  I believe that this was, unfortunately, the right decision to take.

Hopefully we can meet again in 2021.

J-F

Dear all HP enthousiatics

I also believed it was a good decision regarding the actual context.

Would it be possible to organise a alternate organisation with Zoom or another Google Meats, ...

Olivier
09-27-2020, 08:12 PM
You could always join the HPCC Virtual Conference on 10th October. Places are filling up fast, but we will have a live YouTube stream as well.

Details at: http://hpcc.org/conferences/index.html

Regards
Mark
09-27-2020, 08:19 PM
(09-27-2020 08:12 PM)Mark Power Wrote:  You could always join the HPCC Virtual Conference on 10th October. Places are filling up fast, but we will have a live YouTube stream as well.

I was going to ask if we could offer this. You beat me to it Smile

There are only 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
09-05-2021, 04:21 PM
Hello,
I was just wondering if the meeting will happen this year or it has been postponed directly in 2022.

Thanks

Giancarlo
09-05-2021, 04:37 PM
Dear friends

Unfortunately the Allschwil Meeting can not take place this year. This has several reasons:
The Corona measures in Europe are still to strong fluctuations. What is valid today will not be valid in 3-4 weeks. The Delta variant has Europe firmly in its grip and I read that there is already a new mutation. We want to prevent friends from incurring financial expenses and ultimately not being able to participate.
Another reason is that I am currently in poor health. I have been unable to work since the beginning of June and am struggling with depression and anxiety. I have already made some stabilization progress, but holding a meeting would be too much stress for me.

I am hopeful that an Allschwil meeting can be organized in 2022 and wish you a beautiful autumn.
Stay healthy and get vaccinated

Matthias Wehrli
09-05-2021, 06:16 PM
(09-05-2021 04:37 PM)HP-Collection Wrote:  Dear friends

Unfortunately the Allschwil Meeting can not take place this year. This has several reasons:
The Corona measures in Europe are still to strong fluctuations. What is valid today will not be valid in 3-4 weeks. The Delta variant has Europe firmly in its grip and I read that there is already a new mutation. We want to prevent friends from incurring financial expenses and ultimately not being able to participate.
Another reason is that I am currently in poor health. I have been unable to work since the beginning of June and am struggling with depression and anxiety. I have already made some stabilization progress, but holding a meeting would be too much stress for me.

I am hopeful that an Allschwil meeting can be organized in 2022 and wish you a beautiful autumn.
Stay healthy and get vaccinated

Matthias Wehrli

Get well soon, Matthias!

Greetings,
    Massimo

-+×÷ ↔ left is right and right is wrong
09-05-2021, 06:42 PM
Thank you very much for your prompt answer.

The virus situation is not still under control so the meeting should include only people with the green pass. You are right, it is better to do it next year. Let’s see how things evolve in the next months.

I am sad to hear that you are not well. I have past a similar experience years ago and I am here to say that it’s just a phase in life.

We all have past terrible months and the consequences are not clear right now.

I hope you the best,

Giancarlo
09-06-2021, 01:19 AM
Yes, best wishes for you to get well as soon as you can Matthias, so you can enjoy the coming Fall season too. A Fall walk in the woods is good for both body and soul.

Hopefully the Pandemic will be under control next year and it will be possible to attend Allschwill in 2022!

--Bob Prosperi
09-06-2021, 05:17 AM
Gueti Besserig Matthias!
Tobie
09-06-2021, 04:12 PM
Matthias,
Please take good care of yourself and be patient. Hope to see you when you are well

Regards, Meindert
09-07-2021, 12:26 PM
Take care of yourself and I hope to see you in great health at the next Allschwil/Oberwil meeting!
09-07-2021, 03:07 PM
Sorry to hear this Matthias. I hope you will get well soon!

Cheers,
Harald
09-07-2021, 07:06 PM
Feel better soon!

Cheers,

PeterP
10-06-2021, 08:18 AM
Alles Gute, Matthias, gute Besserung!! Toll, dass Du das hier „einfach so“ kund getan hast!! Genau richtig gemacht, alles. Ich sende ganz viel Kraft!
Liebe Grüße aus Bonn
Stefan
10-06-2021, 01:16 PM
Get well soon and best wishes, Matthias!

Take care,

Eddie

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)