HP 32S
04-22-2020, 08:50 PM
HP 32S
Hello, I have an HP 32S calculator and I need to change the display, I would like to know if the HP 20S display is compatible.
Thanks for some info
Jorge Tucakov
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-22-2020, 09:18 PM
RE: HP 32S
(04-22-2020 08:50 PM)Jorge Tucakov Wrote:  Hello, I have an HP 32S calculator and I need to change the display, I would like to know if the HP 20S display is compatible.
Thanks for some info
Jorge Tucakov
Hello, the 32S has dot matrix LCD (5×7 pixels) and the 20S has 7-segment LCD, so I think these are not compatible.

Csaba
04-23-2020, 03:09 AM
RE: HP 32S
I agree if you look at the Pioneer internal you will find there are several different screens in the various models from the 10B to the 42S

Here is a snip from the excellent description by Paul Brogger
https://www.hpmuseum.org/guest/brogpion.htm

Different LCD's
There are at least four different LCD units employed in the various Pioneer models, and (as noted above) perhaps a couple variations of some of those.

The high-end models (17B, 27S and 42S) apparently use the same 16x131 dot-matrix display. I'm guessing that the HP-17BII does as well, but I haven't had any of the 17B's apart, and don't know for sure. (If this is so, it should be possible to replace a broken HP-42S display by buying a current-model HP-17BII.) This display enables the two-line display, labeled menus and limited graphing capabilities.

The mid-range models (14B, 22S, 32S, etc.) seem to use the same single-line, large-numeral, alphanumeric LCD. This display utilizes 5x7 LCD dot matrices for more readable characters and numerals, but it is not a general-purpose graphic display.

The HP-32SII display is a variation on the 32S, with even larger, more readable characters and two shift annunciators.

The low-end Pioneer display is a 7-segment display used in the 20S and 10B calculators.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)