Mathematics: Why the brain sees maths as beauty
05-31-2014, 03:04 PM
Mathematics: Why the brain sees maths as beauty
This article is a few months old now but still worth a read if interested - it's brief.

http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-26151062

I can't argue with Euler's identity being ranked as a favorite.

Regards,

John
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-31-2014, 04:25 PM
RE: Mathematics: Why the brain sees maths as beauty
John - Could you plz check and correct the url; I cannot connect as link appears bad. I would like to see this, but no rush at all.

--Bob Prosperi
05-31-2014, 06:18 PM (This post was last modified: 05-31-2014 06:19 PM by Massimo Gnerucci.)
Thank you John.
Bob, I can reach the page without problems (maybe John edited the link? But I don't see editing remarks...)

Greetings,
    Massimo

-+×÷ ↔ left is right and right is wrong
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-31-2014, 06:29 PM
(05-31-2014 06:18 PM)Massimo Gnerucci Wrote:  Thank you John.
Bob, I can reach the page without problems (maybe John edited the link? But I don't see editing remarks...)

Yes, I can too now. Very strange, I tried 2 dif PCs at my shop, but now at home it's OK. Another internet burp. Surely not the last. Gonna go read the article now. Thanks to both of you.

--Bob Prosperi
05-31-2014, 07:18 PM
(05-31-2014 06:29 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  
(05-31-2014 06:18 PM)Massimo Gnerucci Wrote:  Thank you John.

Yes, I can too now. Very strange, I tried 2 dif PCs at my shop, but now at home it's OK. Another internet burp. Surely not the last. Gonna go read the article now. Thanks to both of you.

Do you have a proxy or a firewall at work? Maybe a blacklisted site...

Greetings,
    Massimo

-+×÷ ↔ left is right and right is wrong
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-31-2014, 08:14 PM
(05-31-2014 07:18 PM)Massimo Gnerucci Wrote:  Do you have a proxy or a firewall at work? Maybe a blacklisted site...

No, very vanilla. All other sites were working, just could not pull this up. May have been a blip at BBC, but it's all OK now from here.

Interesting article. I'd like to see the results of analyzing folks brains when using different calculators. Take any 1 person and have he/she use HP RPN, HP RPL, TI Algebraic and Prime Algebraic. Person by person, I'm sure we could observe which style he/she perceives as "art" and which as "punishement". While all are beautiful to someone, no one sees them all as beautiful. Interesting stuff.

--Bob Prosperi

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)