New HP-41 Calculator Stand
09-16-2020, 02:55 PM
RE: New HP-41 Calculator Stand
Got one the other day and it's pretty nice! Thanks!

It needs feet, to keep it from slipping around, and these https://www.adafruit.com/product/550 seem to be working well.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-16-2020, 04:22 PM
If you search Amazon you can get them for about $4.00 for 128 of them.
They are very good to have around for many other applications.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-02-2020, 05:09 PM (This post was last modified: 10-02-2020 06:32 PM by twoweims.)
I apologize for violating the rules.
All eBay links have been removed.

I have more HP-71B Stands available.
I also have made a version of the stand that will accommodate the HP and Swiss Micros Voyagers.

More of the HP-41 Stands will be available soon.

Just search on eBay et voila...
10-02-2020, 05:34 PM
I have to say the Voyager stands look mighty nice!

Great work!
Bill
10-02-2020, 11:14 PM
Searching eBay for HP-41, HP-71B or HP-Voyager may produce some interesting results.
10-03-2020, 03:09 PM
I've noticed that the 41/DM/Pioneer/Spice/Classics stand has had a design change, it looks more rakish and probably uses less material too. Nice!!

There also seem to be new colors as well as holes in the bottom plate, likely not coincidentally where an iPhone power cable might go, and dare I speculate, where iPhone speakers are located (I have Android so not certain).

The 41 style can be seen here for the curious:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3D-Printed-Cust...3126010568

and then click "See other items" on the right to see the updated 71B stand and the new Voyager stand.

Thanks tw, these are stands we've wanted for a very long time.

If time allows this weekend, I'm going to try mounting an HP-75D on one of the 71B stands to see if it's stable and still allows the PIL-Box to fit in the slot.

--Bob Prosperi
10-03-2020, 05:38 PM
(10-03-2020 03:09 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  If time allows this weekend, I'm going to try mounting an HP-75D on one of the 71B stands to see if it's stable and still allows the PIL-Box to fit in the slot.

Let me know how that goes. If I can make some small modifications to make it work for the 75 as well, that would be nice. I don't own a 75 to test. Donations would be welcome! Wink
10-03-2020, 08:42 PM
The 75 (approx 10" x 5" x 1") works fine on the stand itself; although much wider than a 71B, it is stable and doesn't seem to slide much even though it's rubber feet are outside the dimensions of the stand. The 75C/D is rather hefty and its weight is a positive in this case as it keeps it stable.

But with the PIL-Box installed in one of the pockets, the back of the 75 rests on the top edge of the PIL-Box, with nothing supporting the other side. As the PIL-Box is a few inches wide it is still somewhat stable, however the 2 most frequently used keys on the 75, the [Attn] key and [RTN] key, are on the extreme left and right of the 75's keyboard respectively and the 75's body rocks to the side where that key is pressed.

I think it's not pragmatic to make a case the full width of the 75, as that would use probably twice as much material, however it might make sense to increase the angle and height of the inclined back such that extension of that plane would clear the top of the PIL-Box case.

I can send measurements, however one of my 75C's is willing to do some traveling so I can send it to you for measurements and 'fitting' if that helps.

But first - are there folks here interested in and would buy an HP-75 Stand? If so, please reply with a short message confirming your interest.

There's no point if there's not enough interest.

--Bob Prosperi
10-03-2020, 09:18 PM
(10-03-2020 08:42 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  But first - are there folks here interested in and would buy an HP-75 Stand? If so, please reply with a short message confirming your interest.
Hand raised! ... one for sure, maybe two, my preferred color / material is → Faux Granite / PLA Plastic
10-03-2020, 09:58 PM
(09-16-2020 02:55 PM)WillMarchant Wrote:  It needs feet, to keep it from slipping around, and these https://www.adafruit.com/product/550 seem to be working well.

Why not give it HP-41 feet?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rubber-Feet-for...3709214208
10-03-2020, 10:19 PM
You can get feet by the hundreds on Amazon for less than $5.00. They are not "41 Feet " but there are many other uses for them around the house...
10-04-2020, 12:06 AM (This post was last modified: 10-04-2020 12:07 AM by Mark Hardman.)
(10-03-2020 08:42 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  But first - are there folks here interested in and would buy an HP-75 Stand? If so, please reply with a short message confirming your interest.

There's no point if there's not enough interest.

I would definitely purchase one if available.

Ceci n'est pas une signature.
10-31-2020, 11:33 PM
It looks like interest in these has come to an end.

I still have a few up on the unmentionable auction site. If you are interested.

There are some 41 Stands and some 71B Stands available.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)