How do I print a xxx.raw file?
08-06-2020, 02:20 AM (This post was last modified: 08-06-2020 02:55 AM by Davidy.)
How do I print a xxx.raw file?
OK, I'm a bit new to this so bear with me if I'm missing something basic that should be obvious.

Using Free42, if I write a program, how do I print out the program code itself, not the processing steps under [File]>[Show Print-Out]?

This is on a PC with Windows 10.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-06-2020, 03:11 AM
RE: How do I print a xxx.raw file?
First, make sure you have printing enabled, using the PRON command (displayed as PON) in the PRINT menu: [Shift] [-] [▲] [Σ+].

Then, print the program using the PRP command, also in the PRINT menu: [Shift] [-] [1/x] and then select the program you want to print from the menu. Note that if the program you want to print contains multiple global labels, you can select any one of them, it won't matter which; the entire program is printed no matter which label you select.

If you want to print a program that doesn't contain any global labels, you'll have to select its END (or .END. if it's the last program in memory) from the catalog.

Or, you can print the current program by not specifying a label or END at all and pressing [ENTER] [ENTER] instead of making a selection from the catalog.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-06-2020, 03:14 AM
Or, even easier, go to the program you want to print, switch to PRGM mode, and use Copy from the Edit menu. Then open your favorite text editor and paste the program there.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-06-2020, 04:25 AM
Thanks all, it works perfectly. It's easy when you know how.
08-06-2020, 06:52 AM
Another solution... Import the .raw file here and it'll give you a listing.

https://www.swissmicros.com/dm42/decoder/

There are only 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
08-06-2020, 08:25 PM
(08-06-2020 06:52 AM)grsbanks Wrote:  Another solution... Import the .raw file here and it'll give you a listing.

https://www.swissmicros.com/dm42/decoder/

That's the easiest one so far. Just drag and drop the raw file and, bingo, you have the listing.
Thanks.
08-07-2020, 06:08 AM
(08-06-2020 03:14 AM)Thomas Okken Wrote:  Or, even easier, go to the program you want to print, switch to PRGM mode, and use Copy from the Edit menu. Then open your favorite text editor and paste the program there.

I like this one for mobile devices: no file, no print, just a copy. And it works the same way with the virtual Prime.

Thibault - not collector but in love with the few HP models I own - Also musician : http://walruspark.co

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)