connectivity kit copy paste anomoly
05-20-2021, 05:20 PM
connectivity kit copy paste anomoly
Extra characters are appended to the source code is copy and pasted from the windows clipboard to a new program created with the hp connectivity kit.

An attempt to run the programs produces an error.

An extra line is revealed when editing the program on the calculator
when using the check feature is used.

Deleting the extra line allows the program to run correctly.

Question: Does the above process reflect "operator error" or is it
a bug/feature of the hp prime/connectivity kit/windows ecosystem?

Thanks in advance for any feedback.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-03-2024, 02:50 AM
RE: connectivity kit copy paste anomoly
(05-20-2021 05:20 PM)Liamtoh Resu Wrote:  Extra characters are appended to the source code is copy and pasted from the windows clipboard to a new program created with the hp connectivity kit.

Piotr ("komame", here) has helpfully created a ticket (thanks, Piotr!) for what might be a related issue. That specific interaction (from the ticket) has been addressed, but it would be good to check if there is any similar issue still unresolved. (The issue in the ticket might not be exactly the same as what is being discussed in this thread.) So I'd like to ask: have you encountered an error of this sort with the current versions? And, if so, is there a sequence of actions that will reliably demonstrate the problem?

(I did notice, in in a later post, your mentioning that the issue you were running into seems to have been solved by updating.)
01-03-2024, 07:25 AM
I'm familiar with the case Liamtoh Resu is writing about, and it's not the same issue that Jeff referred to. My ticket was about a problem with the "Copy" function in the Connectivity Kit that duplicates an existing program. However, what is being discussed here is not a bug in the Connectivity Kit, but rather an issue with special characters that may appear when pasting code from a webpage. For example, copy the following program into the Connectivity Kit and run it.

Code:
EXPORT CP_TEST()
BEGIN
  LOCAL a = {10,20,30};
  PRINT(a(1)​);
END;

You'll see a syntax error. Note that when you paste this into the Connectivity Kit or most other text editors, the error is not visible to the naked eye. When you set the cursor between these brackets using the mouse in the Connectivity Kit, you'll notice that pressing the right arrow key on the keyboard (to move the cursor right) does not move the cursor the first time; it only moves after the second press. There is simply an invisible character there that needs to be removed to compile the program. However, after opening it in Prime or VC, you can see the blank character between the closing brackets.
01-03-2024, 04:26 PM
Regarding to the later post, it indeed might have been related to the bug I described in the ticket. These extra characters might have appeared after using "Copy" in the Connectivity Kit, only at that time you were not aware that this action could cause it. However, concerning pasting from the clipboard, which is discussed in this current thread, it is definitely a different issue, and what I wrote in my previous post is the probable cause.
If you could paste that code here, which generates an error during the "Check" (the code exactly as you paste it into the Connectivity Kit), then we will be able to determine exactly where the problem lies.

Kind regards,
Piotr

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)