pyilper 1.8.5 beta1 released
12-22-2021, 08:48 AM
pyilper 1.8.5 beta1 released
pyILPER 1.8.5 beta1 has just been released on GitHub.

There was a request to support virtual disk drives for the HP-Portable Plus computer. Since this was not compatible with the current virtual disk drive for LIF image files I created a new device type "virtual raw disk device" which was tested successfully by the requestor. See the pyILPER online manual for details.

Other changes and fixes are documented in the release page.

if you would like to give this beta version a try please download the zip-file and proceed as per description. This beta is not available on my Anaconda channel.

Development/beta and production versions of pyILPER use different sets of configuration files. If you would like to use the configuration of your production version with the 1.8.5 beta version you can copy that configuration with the "-cc" command line parameter. See the "Miscellaneous" - "Command line parameters" page in the online manual.

Note: In preparing the support of Python 3.9 I accidentally checked in a 1.8.4 development version instead of the 1.8.3 production version in the Anaconda channel. This 1.8.4 development version was probably installed by a number of pyILPER users. You find the pyILPER version number in the title of the main pyILPER window. This development version is almost a 1.8.3 version with a small fix for the virtual HP 7475 plotter. Therefore, there will be no 1.8.4 production version to allow everyone for a clean upgrade to 1.8.5.

Have a very merry christmas season!

Joachim
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-25-2021, 10:47 PM
RE: pyilper 1.8.5 beta1 released
What am I doing wrong?

Code:
(base) PS C:\Users\Dave> python
Python 3.8.12 (default, Oct 12 2021, 03:01:40) [MSC v.1916 64 bit (AMD64)] :: Anaconda, Inc. on win32
Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.
>>> ^Z

(base) PS C:\Users\Dave> python c:\bug400\pyilper-1.8.5b1\start.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "c:\bug400\pyilper-1.8.5b1\start.py", line 18, in <module>
    main()
  File "c:\bug400\pyilper-1.8.5b1\pyilper\pyilpermain.py", line 784, in main
    pyilper= cls_pyilper(args)
  File "c:\bug400\pyilper-1.8.5b1\pyilper\pyilpermain.py", line 364, in __init__
    self.registerTab(TAB_CLASSES[t[0]],t[1])
TypeError: 'int' object is not subscriptable
(base) PS C:\Users\Dave>
12-26-2021, 08:46 PM (This post was last modified: 12-26-2021 09:03 PM by jsi.)
This seems to be a problem with an existing configuration of an old pyILPER beta or development version.

Please try
Code:
python start.py --clean

in the directory of the 1.8.5 beta1 software to clean the configuration. You need to use this parameter only once.

Or try;
Code:
python start.py -cc

This overwrites the config of the beta/development version with the config of your production version. Use this parameter only once.

Regards
Joachim
12-26-2021, 11:46 PM
Thanks. That worked.

I like pyILPER's feature to browse the directory of a mounted image. Unfortunately this doesn't work for raw disk images.

As an alternative, I've found the utility OFSMount does a pretty good job when working with offline DOS disk images.
https://www.osforensics.com/tools/mount-...mages.html

Dave

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)