EMU48 - Is it possible to create Port 3 (SD)?
12-27-2021, 10:46 PM
EMU48 - Is it possible to create Port 3 (SD)?
Hi all,

Hope you are all having a lovely Christmas holiday.

I've been updating the Emu-50g set-up on my various PCs & was wondering if it is possible to create Port 3 (SD card)? On my real HP50g's I have links to various files & applications on the SD card & if possible would like to replicate the same set-up in Emu-50g.

Have searched on the internet but can't seem to find anything regarding the creation of an SD card port in Emu48.

Thanks,

Michael
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-28-2021, 03:01 PM
RE: EMU48 - Is it possible to create Port 3 (SD)?
(12-27-2021 10:46 PM)Michael Lopez Wrote:  Hi all,

Hope you are all having a lovely Christmas holiday.

I've been updating the Emu-50g set-up on my various PCs & was wondering if it is possible to create Port 3 (SD card)? On my real HP50g's I have links to various files & applications on the SD card & if possible would like to replicate the same set-up in Emu-50g.

Have searched on the internet but can't seem to find anything regarding the creation of an SD card port in Emu48.

Thanks,

Michael

I don't know Emu48, but x49gp does have support for SD card simulation. If you have programs that need it, it's an option.
12-28-2021, 11:32 PM
Hi Claudio,

Thanks as I hadn't heard of x49gp.

Have downloaded x49gp from the hpcalc website & it's capabilities sound very interesting. Only issue is that the version I downloaded is for the Mac OS & I am running PCs. Is there a version that is suitable for PCs?

Cheers,

Michael
12-29-2021, 09:37 AM
Of course! As long as the PC is running any of a number of Unix-like operating systems: BSD, Solaris, most flavors of Linux, ... (technically MacOS belongs here as well, since Apple's computers really aren't mainframes but personal computers too.) Big Grin No changes needed, even - the same source is meant to compile on all of these without modifications.

If you're still stuck on Windows for some reason, use a VM or WSLg. I haven't heard of anyone testing x49gp on WSLg yet, but since Microsoft gave up on their "NT kernel personality" approach and switched to a VM-based architecture, it should just work because it really is Linux behind the scenes. As far as I know, the only thing that isn't normal Linux about it is the Wayland-RDP bridge posing as a compositor and window manager, which is what brings the Linux guest's windows into the Windows host's system, without the window-nested-within-a-window effect of generic VMs that support graphical applications.
12-29-2021, 11:34 AM (This post was last modified: 12-29-2021 11:35 AM by ijabbott.)
(12-29-2021 09:37 AM)3298 Wrote:  If you're still stuck on Windows for some reason, use a VM or WSLg. I haven't heard of anyone testing x49gp on WSLg yet, but since Microsoft gave up on their "NT kernel personality" approach and switched to a VM-based architecture, it should just work because it really is Linux behind the scenes. As far as I know, the only thing that isn't normal Linux about it is the Wayland-RDP bridge posing as a compositor and window manager, which is what brings the Linux guest's windows into the Windows host's system, without the window-nested-within-a-window effect of generic VMs that support graphical applications.

One stumbling block for WSLg is the need to upgrade to Windows 11 first.

— Ian Abbott

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)