HP 97 with IO module for parts
01-30-2022, 08:00 PM
HP 97 with IO module for parts
Nice looking HP 97 with the attached IO module. Does not work, I planned one day to repair this one, but never got to it. Does not light up, printer does not advance.

Sold for “parts”.

No box or papers.

Any reasonable offer is accepted from a lover who wants to want this one back to life again. My guess is that the problem is in the powersupply part. One of the big resistors in that part got very warm when I tried to power him up.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-30-2022, 09:21 PM
RE: HP 97 with IO module for parts
(01-30-2022 08:00 PM)RonP Wrote:  Nice looking HP 97 with the attached IO module. Does not work, I planned one day to repair this one, but never got to it. Does not light up, printer does not advance.

Sold for “parts”.

No box or papers.

Any reasonable offer is accepted from a lover who wants to want this one back to life again. My guess is that the problem is in the powersupply part. One of the big resistors in that part got very warm when I tried to power him up.

Probably one or more of the components at the top right corner of the board has gone faulty allowing the large power transistor to conduct current through that resistor. This would normally happen if the battery voltage exceeds 6 volts possibly during charging.

cheers

Tony
02-01-2022, 07:54 AM
Please check your PM.

Thanks.
02-01-2022, 07:31 PM
You will also find a working unit for $2150 actually.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)