Let's vote for suggestions and bugs
07-10-2014, 09:54 PM (This post was last modified: 11-10-2017 12:24 PM by eried.)
Let's vote for suggestions and bugs
I think we need to sort out our found bugs and suggestions. I found a very simple platform that seems to work fine for the purpose (and added some ideas already):

Suggest & vote here
http://www.tricider.com/brainstorming/2eKfifdjarx

Fixed issues
I am going to list in here the already fixed issues and remove them from tricider (please vote up the "Is this already fixed?" argument if possible or add other arguments if is not yet really fixed):

My website: erwin.ried.cl
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-10-2014, 10:48 PM
RE: Let's vote for suggestions and bugs
Good idea!

That way, bugs and ideas won't get lost, and they are in one place - - and the list can be updated once (or if) a new firmware version is out.
Find all posts by this user
07-11-2014, 05:40 AM (This post was last modified: 07-11-2014 05:58 AM by Angus.)
I still did not read a (at least) semi-official statement on what hp thinks about the current prime, how they DID deal with suggestions and bug reports in the past and what their plans are for the future.
(I tried to post some ideas after the last firmware release. I don't expect them to be read seriously. And I remember (about zooming in graphs) that e.g. you preferred a zooming like into pictures. I have a different thinking so the suggestions part is likely to explode with different perspectives - and many suggestions are well known for mounths; still ignored by hp)

As long as we don't know what is going on with hp and I would consider something like that worthless.
I see little sense in spending time for the prime thinking about additional features, formulating suggestions and working out bug, knowing that hp is likely to ignore all that.

But I don't want to be the negative guy so, yes, of course such a platform would do no harm either. The users can check what behaviour should be already known. So, yes, why not trying it out? I will add some of the points I remember I would love to have. :-)

Edit: I re-read my post and noticed it is way to negative again... I'd like to apologize for that. That was not intended nor is it helpful. YES - the community should do what it can. If there is no effect, nothing is lost.
07-11-2014, 06:34 AM
Thanks eried, for the good idea but I wonder how this collection can be put to good use. Has anybody discovered an interface to re-program the system like it was done with the HP-20B/30B? Could it be accomplished to implement a new firmware as open source community project (sorry if this was discussed before)?

Best regards

Karl
07-11-2014, 08:17 AM (This post was last modified: 07-11-2014 08:20 AM by eried.)
(07-11-2014 06:34 AM)Karl-Ludwig Butte Wrote:  Thanks eried, for the good idea but I wonder how this collection can be put to good use. Has anybody discovered an interface to re-program the system like it was done with the HP-20B/30B? Could it be accomplished to implement a new firmware as open source community project (sorry if this was discussed before)?

Best regards

Karl

Well, I don't think that is the first idea comes to mind to me for proposing suggestions and voting, this is like plan b if device goes viral an hp still does not improve anything.

More realistically: hp sales go normally, everyting stays the same, slow paced improvements, or device fails, hp sells calculator division to chineses Big Grin

(07-11-2014 05:40 AM)Angus Wrote:  As long as we don't know what is going on with hp and I would consider something like that worthless.
I see little sense in spending time for the prime thinking about additional features, formulating suggestions and working out bug, knowing that hp is likely to ignore all that.

The problem is that there is no much else to do, but that brainstorming platform does not seem to use much effort either. I dont think it is totally worthless anyway as you say, times are different :> just think about the xbox one.

It is depressing to try something and find a bug (happens to me every 10 keypresses or taps in the prime) and find a forgotten forum post with a similar bug, buried in time.

07-11-2014, 08:19 AM
(07-10-2014 09:54 PM)eried Wrote:  I think we need to sort out our found bugs and suggestions.

Bug: algebraic capability Big Grin

- Pauli
07-11-2014, 01:17 PM
(07-11-2014 08:19 AM)Paul Dale Wrote:  
(07-10-2014 09:54 PM)eried Wrote:  I think we need to sort out our found bugs and suggestions.

- Pauli

Smile Smile

--Bob Prosperi
07-12-2014, 12:19 AM
(07-11-2014 08:19 AM)Paul Dale Wrote:  

- Pauli

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
07-15-2014, 01:48 PM
A small summary of ideas after 3 days and 264 unique IPs, top 2 ideas are right now:
[Image: Image%202014-07-15%20at%209.46.49%20am.png]

And the report:
http://cl.ly/0H2U3v2i2E2T

07-15-2014, 04:32 PM (This post was last modified: 07-15-2014 05:51 PM by Tim Wessman.)
While I, or other HP employees most likely can't participate in that directly, I think it would be a great idea to have any issues people find collected there in a single spot. We do collect all complaints, issues, etc as we find them from whatever source and use that to guide future development. A single, non-official bug list would definitely be helpful as well.

Note that simply having an item highly voted doesn't automatically mean that HP will do it, or do it immediately, but it does give us another source of input that can be weighed against everything when development work is planned.

I don't know if that site is the best for a bug tracking type interface though.

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
07-21-2014, 05:57 AM
Thousands separator.
I want.
I need.
I crave.
:-)
07-21-2014, 06:53 AM
(07-21-2014 05:57 AM)lemontea Wrote:  Thousands separator.
I want.
I need.
I crave.

Good news: It's in the current revision (6030). If the 3rd line of Home Settings is not "Digit Grouping" on your Prime, then upgrade to rev 6030 and you'll have thousands separators... eleven different options! And the STRING command in RPL has had some new optional parameters added (see its Help screen) which give you even more control over the thousands separator than Home Settings does.

<0|ΙΈ|0>
-Joe-
07-21-2014, 04:08 PM
(07-21-2014 06:53 AM)Joe Horn Wrote:  
(07-21-2014 05:57 AM)lemontea Wrote:  Thousands separator.
I want.
I need.
I crave.

Good news: It's in the current revision (6030). If the 3rd line of Home Settings is not "Digit Grouping" on your Prime, then upgrade to rev 6030 and you'll have thousands separators... eleven different options! And the STRING command in RPL has had some new optional parameters added (see its Help screen) which give you even more control over the thousands separator than Home Settings does.

Yes I though the same when I saw that suggestion. lemontea, it is the suggestion fulfilled with the last firmware? (maybe you can delete it from the suggestions Big Grin, because that platform does not have "fulfilled idea" option)

07-21-2014, 04:21 PM
My suggestion is the ability to search for text in the program. Very useful in long programs.
07-21-2014, 04:26 PM
(07-21-2014 04:21 PM)slawek39 Wrote:  My suggestion is the ability to search for text in the program. Very useful in long programs.

http://www.tricider.com/brainstorming/2eKfifdjarx Big Grin?

09-29-2014, 05:09 AM
Some updates about suggestions:

Top 5:
[Image: vjEUS5fCCk.JPG]

Stats:
[Image: sWmn86c4Jr.JPG]

Excel file:
https://cloudup.com/i1nzKxLXGLw

03-13-2015, 06:27 PM
In the meantime new entrys have been added to tricider, some (not very much) suggestions are implemented, and many new votes are added.

I would suggest to duplicate new entrys to tricider in this forum, and use this forum to describe proposals, suggestions and bugs with more details.

In this way, the items move also in focus for HP ...
06-19-2015, 02:55 PM
I am going to list in the first post in this thread the already fixed issues and remove them from tricider (please vote up the "Is this already fixed?" argument if possible or add other arguments if is not yet really fixed): http://www.tricider.com/brainstorming/2eKfifdjarx

Thanks!

07-27-2015, 08:39 PM
So as this shall be the thread to track bugs and suggestions I remind to the one explained in Bug in Instruction to which nobody replied. I think its an important one, as this command provides programmatic use of animations in the geometry-app.
Arno
07-28-2015, 12:14 AM
(07-27-2015 08:39 PM)Arno K Wrote:  So as this shall be the thread to track bugs and suggestions I remind to the one explained in Bug in Instruction to which nobody replied. I think its an important one, as this command provides programmatic use of animations in the geometry-app.
Arno

You can add bugs in tricider Big Grin

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)