Hp33s scrollable calculation history?
04-09-2022, 04:20 AM
Hp33s scrollable calculation history?
Can someone tell me if the Hp33s has a feature in ALG mode to scroll back through calculation history using the UP arrow key, while in the main home screen?

/Thanks in advance!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-09-2022, 07:05 AM
RE: Hp33s scrollable calculation history?
In a word, no. There is supposedly a four level stack used in ALG mode but it only holds numbers and it is only updated when solving equations or running programs. I find it confusing.

As a side note, I forgot how ugly I find the HP 33s and how unpleasant I find using the slanted keyboard. Back into the drawer with this one.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-09-2022, 07:12 AM
Many thanks for the sacrifice you made in pulling out the 33s and checking, and thank you also for the image from the manual, too!

/Regards!
04-09-2022, 07:37 AM
(04-09-2022 07:12 AM)Lonewolf Wrote:  Many thanks for the sacrifice you made in pulling out the 33s and checking, and thank you also for the image from the manual, too!

/Regards!

LOL No problemSmile

Now the algebraic “stack” in the HP 35s works more like I think it should. It allows you to see (and use) the numeric answers of the last four operations that you performed. Kind of like a four level Last X feature.
04-09-2022, 09:57 PM
Yes, I copy you.

By the way, I currently use the hp17bII for its Solver and equation library, (I keep a pocket Casio on hand for the trig and hyperbolic trig functions). ... But my ideal hp scientific would be to also have access to the calculation history, not so much the answer history but the expression history.

/California Regards
04-10-2022, 12:08 AM
(04-09-2022 09:57 PM)Lonewolf Wrote:  ... But my ideal hp scientific would be to also have access to the calculation history, not so much the answer history but the expression history.

Like the HP Prime? Its history stack can be up to 128 input / output pairs high, if I remember correctly.

<0|ɸ|0>
-Joe-
04-10-2022, 12:17 AM
(04-10-2022 12:08 AM)Joe Horn Wrote:  
(04-09-2022 09:57 PM)Lonewolf Wrote:  ... But my ideal hp scientific would be to also have access to the calculation history, not so much the answer history but the expression history.

Like the HP Prime? Its history stack can be up to 128 input / output pairs high, if I remember correctly.

Sorry! --I forgot to say "ideal hp pocket scientific"... Thank you for your answer.
/California Regards
04-10-2022, 03:08 AM (This post was last modified: 04-10-2022 03:12 AM by Jlouis.)
(04-09-2022 07:05 AM)Steve Simpkin Wrote:  As a side note, I forgot how ugly I find the HP 33s and how unpleasant I find using the slanted keyboard. Back into the drawer with this one.

When I bought the 33s , I thought it ugly and weird too. But now I think the opposite, it's very modern and the chevron keyboard makes keystrokes easy and logical, using both thumbs. Very well designed, if you have an open mind and don't be traditionalist.

The only problem I find now is the small ENTER key and some keys are malfunctioning. I think it's because I left her in a drawer together with many TI's....Smile

Edit.: I forgot to say that the 33s doesn't have the infamous bugs of the 35s, which is one more reason to like that calculator.

Cheers

JL
04-11-2022, 04:34 AM

I know this model isn't probably one you'd consider but the HP-71B has a so-called "command stack" which holds up to the last 15 expressions you've recently evaluated or executed, up to 90+ characters each, be they numeric expressions or commands or whatever.

The list of expressions can be navigated using Cursor Up and Down and each expression can be scrolled back and forth, edited (characters changed, added or deleted) and re-executed.

It's incredibly convenient, easy to use and time-saving and I for once use it all the time as it immensely speeds up calculations and commands, e.g. calling repeatedly a subprogram changing some parameters, to play "What-If" scenarios, etc.

Probably the functionality you'd like to have on your calculator.

V.

All My Articles & other Materials here:  Valentin Albillo's HP Collection

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)