Does the Prime’s slide cover get easier to detach with age?
04-27-2022, 03:54 PM
Does the Prime’s slide cover get easier to detach with age?
New Prime G2 owner, here.

With all of my slide-case calculators, I invariably like to slide the case onto the back of the calculator while using it, then remove and slide it back over the front side, to protect the calculator when not in use.

With the sloping edge on the Prime, it’s almost impossible to remove once it’s been slid onto the rear or the calculator.

Does this get easier with age as the sliders wear or is there a technique to removing the cover?

I’ve seen online reviews where they say the Prime’s lid rattles but mine doesn’t. Have the case tolerances been tightened up in recent revisions?

I’m used to holding other calculators at the ends and sliding my upper and lower thumbs in opposite directions to unlock the cover but with the Prime and its sloping end, this isn’t an easy task.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-27-2022, 10:28 PM
RE: Does the Prime’s slide cover get easier to detach with age?
In the beginning, what I noticed when trying to remove the sliding lid once attached, is that I used to hold the lid with my hand so the fingers were pressing the middle section of the lid sides: there are located the two protrusions that engage in the centre of the calculator's side rail. These protrusions need to disengage easily by slightly flexing the lid, something that I was unwittingly hindering because I was holding the lid where the protrusions were located.
Solution: hold the lid with your hand from one end of the lid, instead of from the middle, and push the lid from the other end with the other hand, thus, not holding the area where the protrusions are located: you will notice that the center section of the lid flexes a little bit and then slides easily.

Ramón
Valladolid, Spain
TI-50, Casio fx-180P, HP48GX, HP50g, HP Prime G2
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)