(-) precedence (update)
02-11-2023, 03:43 PM
(-) precedence (update)
I found a few more interesting calculators:

Sharp EL-5050 and EL-5150: these are some of Sharp's mid 80s AER calculators (so input is buffered, unlike AOS): (-) 2 ^2 gives 4.

Sharp EL-738: this is a very nice non-programmable financial calculator. I like it because it's a full scientific calculator, unlike HP-17bii+, which doesn't include trig (HP should have included trig in a menu / Sharp should have HP's solver...). Anyway, this calculator has a 1.5 line display: upper line is text buffer, and lower line is number. If you try +/- 2 ^2, it displays (-2)^2. This is awesome, it tells you what it's doing. Likewise, if you try - 2 ^2, it displays 0-2^2 and gives -4 as the result.

Using EL-738 as a scientific calculator has only one issue for me: It has the option to display the result in floating or scientific, but lacks engineering.

As you enter a formula, each number is displayed on the lower line but then transferred to the end of the upper line when you hit the next operator. This is a bit weird, takes some getting used to. Usually there is no cursor, one appears if you hit left arrow to edit the formula.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)