41CL - Library 4 and my configuration - instructions for how I did it
08-16-2014, 09:05 PM
41CL - Library 4 and my configuration - instructions for how I did it
To get this arrangement:

4: Library 4 / CL Library in 2nd bank. 4LIB is the name.
5: Timer – physically plugged in.
6: PowerCL non-Extreme – Library 4 - PWRL
7: YFNP
8: AMC OS/X - 3 bank rom Library 4 – OSX3.
9: TVMY
A: Sandmath 3x3 – Library 4 version. SM33
B: Sandmath 3x3 – Library 4 version. (Continued)

-------------------------------------------

So, here goes! Make the 41CL show MEMORY LOST

XEQ ALPHA MMUCLR ALPHA

First, let's get Library 4 put in the proper place.

For V3/V4 boards:
ALPHA 804040-8120 ALPHA
XEQ ALPHA YPOKE ALPHA

For V2 boards:
ALPHA 804040-803F ALPHA
XEQ ALPHA YPOKE ALPHA

Press OFF then ON

ALPHA PWRL ALPHA
XEQ ALPHA PLUGP ALPHA

ALPHA YFNP ALPHA
XEQ ALPHA PLUGH ALPHA

ALPHA OSX3 ALPHA
XEQ ALPHA PLUG1L ALPHA

ALPHA TVMY ALPHA
XEQ ALPHA PLUG1U ALPHA

ALPHA SM33 ALPHA
XEQ ALPHA PLUG2 ALPHA

XEQ ALPHA MMUEN ALPHA

Press OFF then ON. (Probably not necessary, but I did it anyway).

Voila! I must admit I feel really stupid because I struggled for a bit figuring this out. So, in case anyone else is suffering quietly and to come clean with my stupidity, here's a record for the world of what I did.

Notes:

1) SM33 is merely a rom that plugs into an entire port. Don't worry that it has 2 pages each containing 3 banks. It's just the same as plugging in an 8K rom like the PPCM.

2) OSX3 is a 3 bank library 4 aware version of the CCD/OSX style rom. Even though it is 3 banks, it is plugged in using the same command you would use to plug in a 4K rom.

3) PowerCL is the Library 4 aware version of the 41CL Utils rom. If you are using PowerCL, you do not need any version of the 41CL Utilities rom. And, note that I have it plugged into page 6. It can safely sit in the printer page (as long as you are not using the printer of course). It is one of the few roms that can sit there and operate properly.

4) I have used YFNP because that is the version of the Y-functions to use if you are using the PowerCL module. If you use the PowerCL Extreme library 4 aware rom, then you should use YFNX instead of YFNP.

5) Note the different ALPHA entry for the Library 4 YPOKE command for V2 vs. V3/V4 41CL boards.

Questions? I had a bunch a week ago. Be glad to try to help anyone.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-16-2014, 09:48 PM
RE: 41CL - Library 4 and my configuration - instructions for how I did it
One addition:

The most recent (as of 8/16/2014) Library 4 advanced matrix rom (named in the 41CL memory reference as the Lib-4 Matrix/Polynomial ROM) is the 4MTI label updated as of 11/29/13 in the 41CL memory reference.

It is a 2 page rom (8K footprint) and each page has 2 banks. So you get 16K for the price of 8K. :-)

To put this into page 3, put 4MTI into ALPHA and then XEQ PLUG3.

All there is too it.

Per Angel, all previous 41CL matrix roms, etc. are obsolete. They still do what they originally did, but the Sandmath 3x3 (SM33) and the 4MTI matrix/polynomial ROM.
08-17-2014, 08:06 AM
Thanks a lot for the detailed explanations Gene, you've got it all right. There really isn't any sequence order to follow, with the exception of the Library#4 as the first step.

Once you have the PowerCL plugged in you can use the CLLIB function to search for the other ROM mnemonics and them plug them using the hot keys - assuming it's a V3/V4 board, sorry about that.

Last comment: the latest SandMath 3x3 also includes the five TVM functions- so if that's all you need from the TMV module you can spare the slot. (Not so conveniently though)

Cheers,
'AM

PS. if you move to the YFNX extreme set, then the AMC_OS/X needs to be in a lower page (before YFNX) for the extended catalogs to work. Monte is aware of this, which also affects the CCD and other modules. BTW the OS/X3 can also sit in page#6 (or #7 for that matter)/
08-17-2014, 10:16 PM
Decided to add one page of Hepax RAM to my configuration in port 4. This requires plugging in the HEPX or HEP2 rom image into one page of port 4 and a RAM 4K block into the other page of port 4.

If you want to plug one page, you do not need to initialize the pointers as described in the 41CL manual To get a 651 block of HEPAX ram added to the configuration I have described above, do this.

ALPHA 0B9>809 ALPHA
XEQ YMCPY

Note: I just plan to use ram page 809. If you want to use another page, change 809 above and below to another ram page.

ALPHA 809-RAM ALPHA
XEQ PLUG4U

ALPHA HEP2 ALPHA
XEQ PLUG4L

XEQ HEPDIR which should show H:DIR EMPTY and then backarrow. Display will show the 651 value indicating 651 free registers of HEPAX ram in the upper page of port 4.

If you want more ram than this, follow the instructions in the 41CL manual.
08-18-2014, 05:58 AM
(08-17-2014 10:16 PM)Gene Wrote:  If you want more ram than this, follow the instructions in the 41CL manual.

or alternatively use the PowerCL functions HPX4, HPX8, HPX16 for 4, 8 or 16-k configurations. These will prompt for the first page to use, copy the HEPRAM templates and configure them appropriately using HEPINI.

They can be accessed from the HEPAX launcher, pressing "H" at the main sCL prompt.
Refer to the PowerCL manual pages 33 and following.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)