Woodstock battery springs
04-25-2023, 02:44 AM
Woodstock battery springs
Hello,

I searched for suitable battery springs for Woodstock battery packs. Is there a current trusted source of them?

Thank you!

-- Sanjeev Visvanatha
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-25-2023, 08:47 AM
RE: Woodstock battery springs
I bought some springs usable for woodstocks. They are not the "S" shaped dual-coil spring, but are dual-coil connected on a single side.

Purchased from eBay seller roxanne5742. The listing names are:
2x Beryllium Copper Spring Coil and 2x Contact For Battery Contact
6x Beryllium Copper Spring Coil and 6x Battery Contact

I'm in the USA, so shipping was free. The seller does ship to Canada.

They are slightly narrower than the HP springs. However, I "unrolled" them about 3mm length by hand. Although, they would have worked fine as received.

Usual disclaimer, I am not associated with the seller in any way. Just know of the product as a user.

(However, I'd really love to find an exact match to the original HP springs.... just because)
04-25-2023, 09:13 PM
Thank you for that! I can ship to my parcel depot in NY and have it shipped to the GTA, but it is rather expensive for a $5 part. I took apart an AA battery holder and bandaided together two springs which seem to work for now. I will keep this seller in mind.

-- Sanjeev Visvanatha
08-28-2023, 12:47 AM
Update: I did end up purchasing the above springs from TAS and they are fantastic! Very good quality, and the seller packs them in a smart way for postage. Very happy with them.

-- Sanjeev Visvanatha

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)