DB48X: HP48-like RPL implementation for DM42
06-29-2024, 12:47 PM
RE: DB48X: HP48-like RPL implementation for DM42
(06-28-2024 11:45 PM)c3d Wrote:  
Quote:Concerning, the state saving function, I observed that I am not able to save the calculator state under a new name (useful if a want to communicate the precise configuration of a given problem). Doing Setup>State>Save state, leads to <New Files>; I then correctly enter a new Filename, but the calculator then prompts with - [R/S] to Confirm. And there I am stuck because the [R/S] key is inaccessible since the DM32 key template is gone. I tried any key (including [=]) with no success. One indirect way to circumvent this is to create copies of given states in the computer and upload them afterwards into the calculator. And then save my new states under these pre-existing named ones.

Thanks for your help.

Weird. This is indeed a bug, and indeed, the = key is the one you should use. But I can confirm it does not work, whether on DM42 or DM32. This is a regression, I'm pretty sure it used to work. I filed an issue.

Thanks for reporting!

It seems to only occur on DM32, not DM42. On the DM42, you finish entry using the ENTER key, not R/S. I tried that on the DM32, but it does not work either.

I'm reflashing with the stock DM32 firmware to see how that works there.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-29-2024, 12:58 PM
(06-29-2024 12:47 PM)c3d Wrote:  
(06-28-2024 11:45 PM)c3d Wrote:  Weird. This is indeed a bug, and indeed, the = key is the one you should use. But I can confirm it does not work, whether on DM42 or DM32. This is a regression, I'm pretty sure it used to work. I filed an issue.

Thanks for reporting!

It seems to only occur on DM32, not DM42. On the DM42, you finish entry using the ENTER key, not R/S. I tried that on the DM32, but it does not work either.

I'm reflashing with the stock DM32 firmware to see how that works there.

On DM32, the ENTER key emits the M key. So that's why file entry was moved to R/S. Hmm. Need to dig a bit deeper on how to address that.
06-30-2024, 11:06 PM (This post was last modified: 06-30-2024 11:20 PM by c3d.)
Release 0.7.9 - Bug fixes + WASM support
A new minor release 0.7.9 is out.

This release includes a number of bug fixes, facilitates build from scratch by third-parties, and delivers a WASM-based simulator that runs on the https://48calc.org web site.

Features

menu: Add Purge to the ClearThingsMenu
purge: Add support for lists
units: Accept units for sqrt, cbrt and xroot
wasm: Add variant for 48calc.org
wasm: Implement WASM support

Bug fixes

complex: Give Syntax error for phasor without an angle
dms/hms: Parse empty numbers in DMS entry
dms/hms: Protect display against bad input
editor: Make sure we reposition after shift-up and shift-down
parser: Parse degrees as an angle unit in phasors
simulator: Avoid high CPU usage when a timer is active
simulator: Use the correct color for firmware text
ui: Compute the correct refresh rate even when nothing is displayed
ui: Create a non-empty dirty rectangle when clearing annunciators
ui: Do not refresh beyond LCD size
ui: Ensure we redraw the shift region to clear busy
units: Disable simplification during unit definition evaluation

Improvements

build: Fix the clean build
object: Remove defaults for as_uint32 and similar
parser: Cache parser::length when possible
parser: Merge the parser::end and parser::length fields
parser: Optimize integer parsing early exit
simulator: Avoid Cancel in file save dialog
simulator: Use https as a protocol for git submodules
tests: Add support for degrees sign
tests: Add test for polar angle conversion.
units: Add factoring variable to limit simplifications
wasm: Add link to deployed WASM simulator in the README
wasm: Add script to add COOP / COEP headers
wasm: Run the RPL thread in a separate thread
Yesterday, 06:51 PM
Simple procedural question for the updates...

Is it good practice to replace the various config files with each update? I have customized my units.csv file, so I typically don't update it, but I have been grabbing the other ones from the release assets (like characters, equations, library, constants, etc).

Is this necessary?

WP31S/WP34S, WP43/C47, newRPL (various), and DB48X adhesive and tabbed overlays:
https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-20113.html
Yesterday, 07:16 PM
(Yesterday 06:51 PM)spiff72 Wrote:  Simple procedural question for the updates...

Is it good practice to replace the various config files with each update? I have customized my units.csv file, so I typically don't update it, but I have been grabbing the other ones from the release assets (like characters, equations, library, constants, etc).

Is this necessary?

It depends if I changed them ;-)

For the last few releases, I have made only few changes to these files. The most recent, IIRC, is changes to the equations library to add units to variables.

I will make a point from now on to indicate in release notes if the configuration files were updated.
Yesterday, 07:46 PM
(Yesterday 07:16 PM)c3d Wrote:  
(Yesterday 06:51 PM)spiff72 Wrote:  Simple procedural question for the updates...

Is this necessary?

It depends if I changed them ;-)

For the last few releases, I have made only few changes to these files. The most recent, IIRC, is changes to the equations library to add units to variables.

I will make a point from now on to indicate in release notes if the configuration files were updated.
Great - that will be very helpful for me, at least!

WP31S/WP34S, WP43/C47, newRPL (various), and DB48X adhesive and tabbed overlays:
https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-20113.html

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)