Battle of the Casios
12-22-2023, 01:24 PM
RE: Battle of the Casios
(12-20-2023 11:43 AM)Maximilian Hohmann Wrote:  
(12-20-2023 11:12 AM)Matt Agajanian Wrote:  Hmmm… Okay. Next Q… Does the 9750 need software updates?

What do you mean by "need"? If you are happy with the calculator as it is you don't need to do anything...

I agree! Especially if revert back to old version is hard, perhaps impossible.

Example, my ipad had cmplxRPN installed, and I received a notice for an update.
Turns out, the update is much worse than old version, but I can't restore the app.

Old version had both function and shifted functions displayed, example [x² √x]
New version "simplified" to show only one of them. [2nd] key show the other.
Worse, [2nd] key is now sticky, and can only be turn off by another toggle.

[Image: 313x0w.webp]

This new interface force user to keep looking at the calculator to check shifted status.
If you are not familiar with calculator, you had to press [2nd] key multiple times, to peek at the shifted key meaning.

One of the worse updates ever!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-22-2023, 01:42 PM
Hello!

(12-22-2023 02:52 AM)wb.c Wrote:  The TI-30X Pro MathPrint (and TI-36X Pro) also solves it just fine giving the same 1.605412977.

Same for the Casio fx-991DE PLUS (cheap school calculator that I had lying around), but it also requires 1E-10 as lower bound, otherwise gives an error message. It takes two or three seconds to compute the integral, something that one is not used with modern calculators...

Regards
Max
12-22-2023, 02:23 PM
(12-21-2023 01:56 PM)wb.c Wrote:  For those that must use RPN, there is also a program you can add to the fx-9750GIII that seems to work well. Not the best RPN program for casio, but maybe there is better one out there?

https://www.hpmuseum.org/cgi-sys/cgiwrap...ead=148516

I wrote the program linked to above back in 2008! I used it a lot on my Casio FX-9860G Slim (a gorgeous machine - clear display, backlight, and built-in help); for me it worked well, but it was limited in ways that weren't a problem for me but might be for other people. I would be surprised if the program executes correctly on the Casio fx-9750Giii, which surely uses a newer processor. Try at your own risk!

Nigel (UK)
12-22-2023, 03:27 PM
(12-22-2023 02:23 PM)Nigel (UK) Wrote:  I wrote the program linked to above back in 2008! I used it a lot on my Casio FX-9860G Slim (a gorgeous machine - clear display, backlight, and built-in help); for me it worked well, but it was limited in ways that weren't a problem for me but might be for other people. I would be surprised if the program executes correctly on the Casio fx-9750Giii, which surely uses a newer processor. Try at your own risk!

Nigel (UK)

As far as I can tell it seems to works fine! I haven’t done extensive testing, just installed it and did some quick calcs.
12-23-2023, 11:46 AM
(12-22-2023 03:27 PM)wb.c Wrote:  
(12-22-2023 02:23 PM)Nigel (UK) Wrote:  I wrote the program linked to above back in 2008! I used it a lot on my Casio FX-9860G Slim (a gorgeous machine - clear display, backlight, and built-in help); for me it worked well, but it was limited in ways that weren't a problem for me but might be for other people. I would be surprised if the program executes correctly on the Casio fx-9750Giii, which surely uses a newer processor. Try at your own risk!

Nigel (UK)

As far as I can tell it seems to works fine! I haven’t done extensive testing, just installed it and did some quick calcs.
This is good to know …. if I ever get a 9750giii! Thank you.

Nigel (UK)
12-28-2023, 10:25 AM
I shouldn't post this too loudly in here, but I rather like the higher end Casios. I used a CFX-9850GB for a bit in the "colours of vomit" display variant back in the dark ages of the late 1990s.

I have an fx-CG50 floating around which I rather like but my daughter stole it off me for her biochem degree.

I'll have to try these programs. Quite interesting.

I really want an fx-9860G Slim but they seem to disappear on ebay before I get to them now!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)