Does HP plan on a HP Prime refresh?
04-26-2024, 04:59 PM (This post was last modified: 04-26-2024 05:01 PM by Dands.)
Does HP plan on a HP Prime refresh?
Hi,

I've been wondering if anyone here have insider info or have heard of any rumors on possible plans to release a completely new iteration of the Prime. I'm not talking about software, but hardware.

We discussed here before what people would like to see, USB-C support, better screen, etc.

Just wondering if someone here has any news to keep my hope alive.

Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2024, 01:37 PM
RE: Does HP plan on a HP Prime refresh?
While I'm sure there are things HP would like to improve, I strongly doubt there will be any more refreshes. If we can't get software updates regularly then there's no way we can get a hardware update. (unless they've been working on a hardware refresh this entire time Tongue)

Cemetech | YouTube
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-28-2024, 02:01 PM
You are right.

And yet, according to my children (engineering student and international Baccalaureate student), it is still by far the best calculator (compared with the TI and Casio they've used)
04-28-2024, 04:14 PM
You are right.

And yet, according to my children (engineering student and international Baccalaureate student), it is still by far the best calculator (compared with the TI and Casio they've used)
04-28-2024, 07:59 PM
(04-26-2024 04:59 PM)Dands Wrote:  Hi,

I've been wondering if anyone here have insider info or have heard of any rumors on possible plans to release a completely new iteration of the Prime. I'm not talking about software, but hardware.

We discussed here before what people would like to see, USB-C support, better screen, etc.

Thanks
Moravia is promising at the very least software updates but they have been a bit slow. But I noticed that on the app side the owner of the app changed so I guess there is work going on. The latest I heard is that they were focusing on the app upgrades and after that physical hardware firmware upgrades
05-01-2024, 12:21 PM
Just flipping the lcd screen is enough refresh for me. It's upside down.
05-01-2024, 01:00 PM
(04-28-2024 07:59 PM)nickapos Wrote:  
(04-26-2024 04:59 PM)Dands Wrote:  Hi,

Thanks
Moravia is promising at the very least software updates but they have been a bit slow. But I noticed that on the app side the owner of the app changed so I guess there is work going on. The latest I heard is that they were focusing on the app upgrades and after that physical hardware firmware upgrades
Where did you see that app owner change?
I still see no HP Prime Pro App on Android.

Stephen Lewkowicz (G1CMZ)
https://my.numworks.com/python/steveg1cmz
05-01-2024, 02:47 PM
(05-01-2024 01:00 PM)StephenG1CMZ Wrote:  Where did you see that app owner change?

You won't find it on your phone in Google Play (especially if your phone is relatively new). It's best to use a web browser on your PC. Open the website play.google.com and search for "hp prime pro". There you will see "MORAVIA Consulting".

Piotr Kowalewski
05-01-2024, 04:53 PM
(05-01-2024 02:47 PM)komame Wrote:  You won't find it on your phone in Google Play (especially if your phone is relatively new). It's best to use a web browser on your PC. Open the website play.google.com and search for "hp prime pro". There you will see "MORAVIA Consulting".

There could be other reasons. I can find it by searching in the Play Store, or by going from the app properties to the Play Store entry. Device is Pixel 7 with Android 14. However, on an earlier device maybe 2 years ago I saw it vanish from the store and then come back.

And indeed the publisher has changed from Royal to Moravia in the entry. And still it is a pretty old but quite stable version, I am using it frequently.
05-02-2024, 10:39 PM
(05-01-2024 02:47 PM)komame Wrote:  
(05-01-2024 01:00 PM)StephenG1CMZ Wrote:  Where did you see that app owner change?

You won't find it on your phone in Google Play (especially if your phone is relatively new). It's best to use a web browser on your PC. Open the website play.google.com and search for "hp prime pro". There you will see "MORAVIA Consulting".

That website works on a phone too (adding that it's not available, of course) - you dont have to be on a pc for the website to see the app.
I wonder why the website finds it, but the dedicated play store button doesn't?
The price seems a little cheaper than the last time I looked, though it remains expensive for something with limited compatibility.

Stephen Lewkowicz (G1CMZ)
https://my.numworks.com/python/steveg1cmz

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)