HP 12c, 12cp and 15c apps now available in the Android store again!
07-26-2024, 12:00 PM
HP 12c, 12cp and 15c apps now available in the Android store again!
Hello all,

I bring the next good news, the last for this week Smile

Some of you may have noticed that the emulator apps for Android were not available in the Google Play Store since the end of 2023. The reason was that the apps didn't support the latest Android devices.

Starting from Q2 2024, we took over the app maintenance and immediately started working on getting the apps back to the store, which just happened today. The only apps that still need to be fixed are the HP Prime apps, which should be done in August.

We are also planning to bring some new features to the original apps. I will keep you posted on this!

Please click on the models below to download the apps:
15C
12CP
12C

Unfortunately, one bad news. We had to re-upload the original apps due to a technical issue, which may cause some troubles for people who have the "old" apps - migrating to the new phone, wanting to get a future update, etc.

As we are aware that this might happen, if you need any help, you can send me DM.

Note: Apps don't show up when you type their name in the Google Play Store search box yet, but that should improve in the future.

Radim Frydrych, PM at MORAVIA Consulting.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-26-2024, 08:09 PM
RE: HP 12c, 12cp and 15c apps now available in the Android store again!
That's great news, thanks very much Radim.

As these are (quite expensive) paid apps, what do those of us who have bought the apps before do?

Cambridge, UK
41CL/DM41X 12/15C/16C DM15/16 17B/II/II+ 28S 42S/DM42 32SII 48GX 50g 35s WP34S PrimeG2 WP43S/pilot/C47
Casio, Rockwell 18R
07-27-2024, 07:58 AM
Thanks for the update since I already got 12C, 12C Platinum and 15C

Since the app price is going up I think it should add more feature like

be able to Save and Load Program.

Thank You

Gamo
07-27-2024, 01:06 PM
Hi,

Great news!

I actually rebought it to see whether there were some changes, thinking I could get a refund within 48 hours. But Google refused the refund, after the 15 minutes I took to check it was the same I already had from Hp...
Could you help with the refund?

Many thanks in advance and best regards,

Vincent Weber
07-27-2024, 08:05 PM (This post was last modified: 07-27-2024 08:07 PM by Johnh.)
hi Radin,
I'm really glad you guys brought these back, and you might have seen a quick comparison review that I posted yesterday.

It's so great that you do this, and as the guardians and owners of the hp brand, I really hope that it works for you and that your apps can leverage off the real calcs to be the best available versions.

I see above that now they are back that you may have some feature updates in the pipeline and so I put a 'wish-list' in my other post. I'm sure they'll come a time when the market around these classic designs will fade away, but I reckon you have a few years yet as those of us who started our careers in the 80's look back and wish for "an elegant weapon, for a more civilised age..."
07-30-2024, 08:16 AM
(07-26-2024 08:09 PM)cdmackay Wrote:  That's great news, thanks very much Radim.

As these are (quite expensive) paid apps, what do those of us who have bought the apps before do?
Hello, I will keep you updated on this. We are still exploring the possibilities on how to do the transition, as it will be especially important once we bring an updated version of the app.
07-30-2024, 08:17 AM
(07-27-2024 07:58 AM)Gamo Wrote:  Thanks for the update since I already got 12C, 12C Platinum and 15C

Since the app price is going up I think it should add more feature like

be able to Save and Load Program.

Thank You

Gamo
save/load is one of the features we are planning to include.
07-30-2024, 08:22 AM
(07-27-2024 01:06 PM)Vincent Weber Wrote:  Hi,

Great news!

I actually rebought it to see whether there were some changes, thinking I could get a refund within 48 hours. But Google refused the refund, after the 15 minutes I took to check it was the same I already had from Hp...

Vincent Weber
Hello, why the refund was rejected? Unfortunately, I can not assist here, as we don't have access thought the Google to the end user and their purchases.

The new app you purchased will bring new features in next couple of months. Republishing was just the first step, that will be followed by another updates.
07-30-2024, 08:27 AM
(07-27-2024 08:05 PM)Johnh Wrote:  hi Radin,
I'm really glad you guys brought these back, and you might have seen a quick comparison review that I posted yesterday.

It's so great that you do this, and as the guardians and owners of the hp brand, I really hope that it works for you and that your apps can leverage off the real calcs to be the best available versions.

I see above that now they are back that you may have some feature updates in the pipeline and so I put a 'wish-list' in my other post. I'm sure they'll come a time when the market around these classic designs will fade away, but I reckon you have a few years yet as those of us who started our careers in the 80's look back and wish for "an elegant weapon, for a more civilised age..."
thank you for your support! Can you please send me the link for your function wish-list? Or maybe copy the list here?
We already created a list of both function and design adjustments that is currently under evaluation, but we are of course open to any new idea.
07-30-2024, 08:50 AM (This post was last modified: 07-30-2024 08:51 AM by Johnh.)
Hi Radim, Thanks very much for replying! here's my thread where I compared current Hp15c apps:

https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-22091.html

I was looking at the official Hp15 app, plus TouchRPN and Jovial JRPN15. Then Mark suggested Pockemul too

This was my suggested 'wish list'

1. An option to trim and stretch the display like TouchRPN, suppressing phone information to maximise the working area
2. Program code text output as JRPN with line numbers, key-codes and key names
3. Save states as JRPN and TouchRPN, very useful for testing
4. Graphics like the official HP app, maybe with a tad lighter LCD
5. Stretch wish…. Connectivity compatibility with HP15c_CE windows app and firmware for program transfer from the real calculator to the pc to the App.
07-30-2024, 01:59 PM
(07-30-2024 08:50 AM)Johnh Wrote:  Hi Radim, Thanks very much for replying! here's my thread where I compared current Hp15c apps:

https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-22091.html

I was looking at the official Hp15 app, plus TouchRPN and Jovial JRPN15. Then Mark suggested Pockemul too

This was my suggested 'wish list'

1. An option to trim and stretch the display like TouchRPN, suppressing phone information to maximise the working area
2. Program code text output as JRPN with line numbers, key-codes and key names
3. Save states as JRPN and TouchRPN, very useful for testing
4. Graphics like the official HP app, maybe with a tad lighter LCD
5. Stretch wish…. Connectivity compatibility with HP15c_CE windows app and firmware for program transfer from the real calculator to the pc to the App.
Thank you. I will follow up on this topic in your thread.
07-30-2024, 05:15 PM
(07-30-2024 08:16 AM)Radim Frydrych Wrote:  Hello, I will keep you updated on this. We are still exploring the possibilities on how to do the transition, as it will be especially important once we bring an updated version of the app.

that's great, thanks very much Radim.

Cambridge, UK
41CL/DM41X 12/15C/16C DM15/16 17B/II/II+ 28S 42S/DM42 32SII 48GX 50g 35s WP34S PrimeG2 WP43S/pilot/C47
Casio, Rockwell 18R
08-03-2024, 03:35 AM
and...... HP Prime ???

Calculators Today: hp 48G / hp 50G /hp 10BII+ / hp 17 BII / hp 12C / TI BAII plus / Casio fx 570 ES plus 2nd Edition

08-07-2024, 09:10 AM
(08-03-2024 03:35 AM)avsebastian Wrote:  and...... HP Prime ???
Prime should be available in the next few weeks.
08-07-2024, 09:14 AM
(07-30-2024 08:22 AM)Radim Frydrych Wrote:  
(07-27-2024 01:06 PM)Vincent Weber Wrote:  Hi,

Great news!

Vincent Weber
Hello, why the refund was rejected? Unfortunately, I can not assist here, as we don't have access thought the Google to the end user and their purchases.

The new app you purchased will bring new features in next couple of months. Republishing was just the first step, that will be followed by another updates.
Hello,
Thanks for your reply. No idea why the refund was rejected. But if you are saying that the new features will be only available in the new app, not in the old HP one (is it really the case?), then I'd rather keep it!
Cheers

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)