Program for DM32/DM42 clock cal
08-16-2024, 12:33 PM
Program for DM32/DM42 clock cal
I wrote a program to generate a clock calibration file for the SwissMicros DM32 and DM42 (maybe others?). Info is at https://udel.edu/~mm/hp/clockCal/ if you'd like to try it. I'd appreciate bug reports but believe it's working. You run it once to start a measurement and after several days run it again to end the measurement, when rtccalib.cfg is created.

I thought it would be only slightly more time to write a program than do the calculations by hand. Several hours later, the program was written and tested. So much for my programming time estimate! :-)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-17-2024, 09:15 AM
Is It Worth the Time?
[Image: is_it_worth_the_time.png]
Find all posts by this user
08-18-2024, 10:57 AM
RE: Program for DM32/DM42 clock cal
If you look closely, you can see me hanging out in the upper right corner of the graph! :-D
08-23-2024, 01:26 PM
After more testing, I have confidence the program works, but please let me know if you find bugs. I ran it to generate rtccalib.cfg files for my DM41X and DM42. I measured each over about 4 days and the RTCs in each are now keeping good time. -Mike
08-23-2024, 04:38 PM
(08-23-2024 01:26 PM)ab3ap Wrote:  After more testing, I have confidence the program works, but please let me know if you find bugs. I ran it to generate rtccalib.cfg files for my DM41X and DM42. I measured each over about 4 days and the RTCs in each are now keeping good time. -Mike

In saveCalcDate, the setting of timeCalc contains a reference to n.day that probably was intended to be c.day.

The documentation for rtccalib.cfg states that C should be an integer value.

Thank you for writing this and making it available.

Cheers,

Scott
Find all posts by this user
08-23-2024, 05:03 PM
(08-23-2024 04:38 PM)SAllendorf Wrote:  In saveCalcDate, the setting of timeCalc contains a reference to n.day that probably was intended to be c.day.

The documentation for rtccalib.cfg states that C should be an integer value.

Thank you for writing this and making it available.

Cheers,

Scott

You're welcome, Scott, and thanks very much for catching those bugs! Now fixed, retesting underway.

I had changed some variable names and was certain it was so straightforward that no testing was needed... :-o Also, I completely overlooked that C must be integer - fixed that - yet it seems to work on my calcs and even shows up as a float on the Time Setting screen.

Thanks again,
Mike

User(s) browsing this thread: 8 Guest(s)