New official firmware
09-03-2024, 04:00 AM (This post was last modified: 09-03-2024 04:04 AM by jpride@1956.)
New official firmware
Released on September 01 2024

If you run the HP connectivity kit software, you should now get a message advising of official version 2.20 firmware - revision 15157 (and a brief incomplete list of fixed bugs)

Installed fine here on my G2.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-03-2024, 05:51 AM
RE: New official firmware
Hello,

I try and i not receive a new firmware for G2 on connectivity kit version 14730 on windows 10

How make you do ?

Thanks !
09-03-2024, 07:31 AM
(09-03-2024 05:51 AM)albud44 Wrote:  Hello,

I try and i not receive a new firmware for G2 on connectivity kit version 14730 on windows 10

How make you do ?

Thanks !

I connected my HP-Prime to my PC using the USB cable, turned on the Prime, and then loaded the Connectivity kit software, and the notification came up right away. I'm using W11, but W10 should be fine.

Make sure the Prime is connected, switched on, and recognised by the Connectivity kit software.

Good luck
09-03-2024, 07:47 AM
(09-03-2024 07:31 AM)jpride@1956 Wrote:  I connected my HP-Prime to my PC using the USB cable, turned on the Prime, and then loaded the Connectivity kit software, and the notification came up right away. I'm using W11, but W10 should be fine.

Make sure the Prime is connected, switched on, and recognised by the Connectivity kit software.

Good luck

Normally, there is no need to have the calculator turned on and connected to the PC. Connectivity kit itself offered to download new firmwares for both G1 and G2 after launch. I still had the calculator turned off in the desk drawer at the time.

Prime G2, 15C CE
09-03-2024, 10:03 AM
(09-03-2024 07:31 AM)jpride@1956 Wrote:  
(09-03-2024 05:51 AM)albud44 Wrote:  Hello,

How make you do ?

Thanks !

I connected my HP-Prime to my PC using the USB cable, turned on the Prime, and then loaded the Connectivity kit software, and the notification came up right away. I'm using W11, but W10 should be fine.

Good luck

I don't have this behavior of the CK.
The calculator is well recognized by the kit, but systematically, it only offers me the firmware 15008.
However, I uninstalled and installed again the connectivity kit.
I think that the uninstallation is not done properly as is often the case with a certain number of Windows software.
I will uninstall again and delete the directory located in documents and see if the program leaves traces in appdata.
09-03-2024, 10:58 AM
Update went smoothly for my G2.

Connectivity kit found the update instantly.
09-03-2024, 12:46 PM
Finally, it's good I was able to update my HP Prime G2.
I got the new notification from the moment I clicked on update software in the help menu.
09-03-2024, 01:04 PM
I also just updated both my G1 & G2 calculators and everything went smoothly. Note I had the G2 attached before I opened the Connectivity Kit, which immediately updated the CK, but I had to click on HELP / UPDATE CALCULATOR to update my G2. When I next plugged in my G1, it automatically started the update.

After updating both calculators, I noted that CAS is still version 1.5. Will that be updated soon also?
09-03-2024, 01:24 PM
We should pin this thread.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-03-2024, 06:09 PM
These are the release notes for this firmware update:

Firmware Version: 2.2

Description
-----------

This release of the Prime Calculator firmware delivers fixes to outstanding issues. This document is not a complete list of all changes. All users of the HP Prime calculator are encouraged to upgrade for the best possible experience.

Please back up your calculator before the update. Any existing data on the device may be wiped during the update process.

Python App
- - - - - -
1. Non-ASCII characters are now better supported in message boxes and in output to the terminal. [PBT339,PBT454,PBT456]
2. Pressing the Esc or Num key after editing malformed Python scripts no longer causes a crash. [PBT191,PBT391]
3. Pressing Shift+Symb or Shift+Num now shows an alert, rather than causing crashes, freezing, or leaving the interface in an inconsistent state. [PBT390,PBT396]
4. Returning to the Numeric view after printing to the terminal from outside of Python no longer causes a crash. [PBT441]
5. Keypresses now enter uppercase letters when the A..Z annunciator is shown and lowercase letters when the a..z annunciator is shown. [PBT395]
6. An excessively large or small stack or heap size is no longer accepted when entered (excessively large or small stack or heap sizes may causes crashes). [PBT446,PBT450]
7. Resetting specific fields in the Plot Setup view no longer affects other fields. Displayed checkboxes now better align with actual settings. [PBT447,PBT448,PBT449]
8. Filenames that contain many non-ASCII characters are now also considered for automatic opening on import failures. [PBT455]
9. User-defined PPL app functions Plot() and Num() are now taken into account when the Plot or Num key is pressed. [PBT453]
10. The checkbox for controlling whether or not user confirmation is required before automatically importing Python scripts now does what its description states (rather than the opposite). [PBT479]
11. The Cartesian graphics functions of the hpprime module (the "_c" variants) now accurately map between Cartesian and pixel coordinate systems. [PBT486,PBT487]

Python
- - - -
1. When called with a non-Python app active, the get_cartesian function of the hpprime module now accurately reports the Plot bounds specified in the active app's Plot Setup view. [PBT488]

Home View
- - - - -
1. Copying a value with nested exponents no longer rearranges the parentheses. [PBT17]
2. Entered expressions and calculation results can now be loaded from work files. [PBT14]
3. User-created variables and functions can now be loaded from saved work files. [PBT466]
4. The Matrices checkbox now controls whether matrices are included in saved work files.
[PBT465]
5. Deleting all saved work files when in the Load Work dialog no longer causes a crash.
[PBT463]
6. Checkboxes are now updated in the Load Work dialog after deleting a work file via the Delete menu button. [PBT467]
7. Using an invalid name for a work file no longer brings the interface to an inconsistent state and / or causes a crash. [PBT469]
8. Pressing the Base key when the last value on the history stack is not an integer no longer results in # appearing in place of the Edit Integer window. [PBT238]
9. The view brought up by pressing Show now begins with the shown item centered. [PBT520]

Function App
- - - - - - -
1. The calculator no longer becomes unresponsive when attempting to plot a function with a doubly-parenthesized exponent. [PBT404]

Statistics Apps
- - - - - - - -
1. Selecting Delete Row after pressing Clear or Del now deletes the entire row rather than a single cell. [PBT183]
2. Selecting Delete Row after pressing Del while in a column header no longer deletes the column. [PBT186]
3. The Statistics 1Var horizontal lines in a control chart brought up on the first boot of a fresh calculator are no longer miscoloured. [PBT358]

Solve App
- - - - -
1. Entering an empty Numeric view with a custom Symbolic view defined no longer causes a crash. [PBT452]

Geometry App
- - - - - - -
1. While in the Plot view, a crash no longer occurs when the last entry that was defined in the Numeric view is deleted. [PBT256]

PPL
- -
1. The app program now starts out as a PPL program. [PBT164]
2. Calling LINE or LINE_P with two or more empty lists no longer causes a crash. [PBT223]
3. Calling LINE_P with three lists no longer causes a crash. [PBT224]
4. GET now behaves consistently on inputs which are outputs of QPI. [PBT228]
5. RECT_P now uses the bottom right corner as the default for the x2 and y2 parameters. [PBT175]
6. RECT_P will no longer silently not be fulfilled for large coordinates. [PBT176]
7. Conversion of numbers to text format via STRING now follows the number format parameter over HDigits. [PBT205]
8. Passing empty lists as coordinates to RECT now returns Error: Invalid Input rather than causing a crash. [PBT174]
9. Passing STRING an invalid separator argument no longer results in a garbled text output. [PBT243]
10. A bug in which using PageDown/PageUp to certain target lines causes a crash has been fixed. [PBT267]
11. Multiplication by i no longer differs from multiplication by 0+i. [PBT403]
12. Names of built-in functions containing Greek letters, and pi, are now case sensitive with regards to their Greek letters. [PBT229]
13. Using store with a negative index to insert well past the end of a list no longer causes a crash. [PBT168]
14. Conversion of complex numbers with infinite real components to text now includes their imaginary components. [PBT402]
15. The output of STRING no longer diverges from the number formatting used elsewhere when the formatting is STANDARD and the precision is something other than 11 (or -1). [PBT232]
16. AFilesB no longer crashes when attempting to read a file of more than 10000 bytes. [PBT154]

Other Fixes
- - - - - -
1. Entering a piecewise definition via the Math Template key with Textbook Entry chosen no longer causes a crash. [PBT165]
2. Memory leaks have been addressed in the Vars and Toolbox catalog menus. [PBT134,PBT135,PBT136,PBT137,PBT138,PBT139,PBT140,PBT141]
3. Entering a date in shortened format in Home Settings no longer causes undesirable behaviour. [PBT193]
4. Entering a date in shortened format in the initial configuration screen no longer causes crashes. [PBT196]
5. Calendar: Attempting to move the cursor beyond the bounds of defined dates no longer causes a crash. [PBT199]
6. Hexadecimal code points of Unicode code points in the Chars palette are no longer truncated. [PBT146]
7. Deleting a variable in Memory Manager now deletes the chosen variable rather than, possibly, a different variable whose definition involved the chosen variable. [PBT213]
8. Attempting to delete a list variable with a younger copy via Memory Manager no longer deletes the younger copy instead. [PBT230]
9. Attempting to delete a matrix variable with a younger copy via Memory Manager no longer deletes the younger copy instead. [PBT231]
10. Dismissing the Edit Integer window in the equation editor no longer leaks memory. [PBT244]
11. The Home/CAS command line height no longer remains short after returning from a search in the Help tree. [PBT300]
12. The CAS program created by default via the Program Catalog no longer includes syntax errors. [PBT476]

The following fixes were effected in the 2023 04 13 (14730) release, but not called out in that release's release notes:

1. Virtual Calculator and Connectivity Kit: the EULA shown to the user no longer includes garbled text. [PBT120,PBT121]
2. Geometry: the equation() command now produces the expected text for trigonometric and hyperbolic functions rather than an error message. [PBT34]
3. Geometry: The equation() command now better formats plotimplicit as text. [PBT20]
4. The calculator no longer crashes on boot if there is an app program that would bring up the Terminal. [PBT45]

Chris
09-03-2024, 11:33 PM
My first thread! ...yet I'm afraid to report that the Mac OS version currently cannot detect the 2024 Sep. update.

The firmware detection for my brand new G2 is still stuck in 20230413 (albeit yes, it succeeded upgrading it as when out of the box the firmware was 2021 something AFAICR), which probably has to do with the fact that the connectivity kit for Mac is still displaying a "© 2020 HP Development Company, L.P. Build: 2.1.14425 (2020 1 16)" as its About credits...

Hard to decide my daily driver: the HP Prime, the HP 50g, the DM42, or the HP 15c CE...
09-04-2024, 02:24 AM
(09-03-2024 11:33 PM)Lucas Yew Wrote:  My first thread! ...yet I'm afraid to report that the Mac OS version currently cannot detect the 2024 Sep. update.

Hi Lucas. Unfortunately the macOS Connectivity Kit has not received an update in some time, it is still stuck at revision 14425. I posted some steps here you can take to update from the macOS CK. A few replies later I posted a file that has the changes so you can just drop in the replacement.

- neek
09-04-2024, 02:31 AM
(09-03-2024 11:33 PM)Lucas Yew Wrote:  My first thread! ...yet I'm afraid to report that the Mac OS version currently cannot detect the 2024 Sep. update.

The firmware detection for my brand new G2 is still stuck in 20230413 (albeit yes, it succeeded upgrading it as when out of the box the firmware was 2021 something AFAICR), which probably has to do with the fact that the connectivity kit for Mac is still displaying a "© 2020 HP Development Company, L.P. Build: 2.1.14425 (2020 1 16)" as its About credits...

Welcome, Lucas!

It can take a little while for the update information to percolate through the various systems and procedures. Nikolaus (ftneek) has put up a post that describes how one can help speed up the recognition (and downloading) of the new firmware update by the macOS version of the HP Connectivity Kit.
09-04-2024, 04:28 AM
Holy cow. Lots fixed!

Update went fine with my G2 --- I got the update notification and updated before I saw this thread, actually; I was connecting to load up ab3ap's trek port!

Great stuff.
09-04-2024, 06:13 AM
(09-04-2024 02:31 AM)jte Wrote:  It can take a little while for the update information to percolate through the various systems and procedures. Nikolaus (ftneek) has put up a post that describes how one can help speed up the recognition (and downloading) of the new firmware update by the macOS version of the HP Connectivity Kit.

I had the same issue. Those instructions worked for me.
09-04-2024, 09:04 AM
Just updated the G2 calculator on a W10 computer.
Failed to update G1 calculator on W10 computer, successfully updated G1 calculator on W11 computer
09-04-2024, 11:10 AM
Hi all,

The Windows CK and update are online indeed, MAC in process. If you run into problems, please make sure you have the latest CK downloaded (found at hpcalcs.com/downloads) and then it should run smoothly!

Product Manager HP for MORAVIA Consulting, the EMEA & AP Licensee for HP Calculators.

http://www.hpcalcs.com
09-04-2024, 11:11 AM
I try, but I don't understand why I can't use (also) a simple link to download the new firmware (as it was for the beta and all previous versions).

The first time I ran the CK on MacOS it immediately downloaded the new FW from somewhere but I can't find the file anywhere and the app can't find it either. Subsequent runs of the CK don't download anything anymore even after the suggested changes in the config.xml file.

Result: new firmware not yet installed.
This is simply ridiculous
09-04-2024, 11:24 AM
@RobbiOne

You can find all binaries (MacOs are very limited), at the end of this post (in french).
But you'll can download the firmware.
09-04-2024, 11:47 AM
@Mr. Kuperus
Just successfully updated the G2 calculator on a W10 computer.
I may have overlooked it.
How do we get the update for the virtual HP Prime?
Many thanks in advance!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)