Life span of an HP Calculator
09-15-2024, 04:49 PM
RE: Life span of an HP Calculator
(09-13-2024 07:10 PM)DA74254 Wrote:  Anyone seen this? Planned obsolecence or the light bulb conspiracy?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWJC5ieUAe4

Modern things/gadgets are not made to last. The manufacturers want it to break and have you buy new stuff to keep their revenue going..

(...)

Planned obsolence is a malicious felony of the worst kind and must be treated as such. (sneering menacingly at companies making smartphones, white electronics, etc.)

Anyway, I wish my mint HP 50g (and my other machines, too) lasts for my lifetime, upto the next century, hopefully!

Hard to decide my daily driver: the HP Prime, the HP 50g, the DM42, or the HP 15c CE...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-15-2024, 07:49 PM
RE: Life span of an HP Calculator
I’m using my dad’s HP-42S, which he bought the year it came out, on the original batteries. Granted that it didn’t get a lot of use once he retired until I inherited it, but I’m still quite pleased by that.

My vintage HP-16C (bought on the auction site, I couldn’t afford one when it came out) still looks pretty much brand new, although I use my DM16L more than it because I don’t want to risk dinging it up.

Dad’s HP-67 is much the worse for wear, but it wasn’t treated well for a long time. I keep thinking that I should find a home for it for someone that will bring it back to its former glory.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 8 Guest(s)